Craft Therapy

It's cheaper than that traditional stuff that's for sure! I craft just about every day. After spending 8-9 hours at an office job, when I get home I just need to do something creative, colorful, and for me. Knitting is my craft of choice, but I also bead, make shrinky dinks, glue stuff to other stuff (this is good when you are really stresses, and a great way to dress up plain containers). How does crafting help you to stay sane? What do you do for your "threapy"?
@krebstar5 (1267)
When I am stressed out I like to do something nice and repetitive so that I don't have to think too much. that makes knitting and embroidery my crafts of choice for stressful times. With an easy knitting pattern you can just move your fingers and rarely look down at what you are doing. It makes you reach a sort of knitting zen at that point. With embroidery, you always have to look, but since i enjoy it, it relaxes me. Needle felting is some great craft therapy. Few things make you feel better than stabbing some fluff with a needle over and over again. But remember, you gotta pay attention to this one too.
Needle felting is fun...and a great way to get agressions out....but me carful not to felt yourself into your project :-)
@cutepenguin (6457)
I find crafting is a great stress relief. I like to knit and to sew - I find that I am usually quite pleased with the results, and it is very calming. It is also good when I am feeling depressed. It's just great to sit calmly and produce something.
I totally agree with you. Something about "creating" is a real pick me up.
@venshida (4837)
You are so right, I usually crochet to relieve stress. I sometimes sew, but my favorite is crochet.
@blondbat (504)
Since I "count beans" for a living, most of my hobbies are much different. I make bead & wire jewelry, make beads & other stuff with polymer clay, knit and sew. My husband complains that I can't sit down and watch TV without something in my hands!
I think we have a lot on common. I'm also in an office for my day job, so when I'm home it's all about being creative. I also rarely watch TV without a side project ;-)
I am a professional artist. It is my passion to cut silhouettes/scherenschnitte with only a scissor freehand. I relax and get lost into the world of creativity. http://mgcreativearts.com/Finall.wmv Is a short video of me doing a cutting, if you would like to see. www.mgcreativearts.com Is my website http://www.cafepress.com/margieanneart Is my shop Let me know what you think.This is my threapy.
Wow...your work is really cool. I can't imagine cutting freehand like that. I also sell some of my work on etsy.com. It dosen't pay the bills by far, but it's a great outlet and I can use the money I make to buy more supplies.
I love doing different types of embroideries.This is my bet time pass.And you start loving it more when somebody appreciates it,Like last week on some party I wore a dress which i have embroidered myself and when there a lot of people appreciated it I was so happy.This motivated me to do more embroidery.
It's so nice when people notice your creativity. Embroidery is pretty cool. My sister does it. I don't have the patience for it as much...but I love the way it looks.