Have You Ever Made A 7 UP Cake With Pineapple/Coconut Frosting

I remember one summer, years ago, one of my Aunts brought this weird liking cake to the family reunion. She called it a 7 UP Cake. That just sounded so weird to people that they were hesitant to try it. Back then you never had much change in the menu, it was all Hillbilly Country Food and 7 UP cake was neither hillbilly nor country sounding. Well my Aunt's feelings were hurt so her husband went and was telling people to try it that it was really good. Well, nobody wanted to hurt my Aunt's feelings so they tried a little piece (very little)Then they went back for seconds. Soon the cake was all gone and it became a normal food prepared for our family reunion. I later ask my aunt for her recipe. She said that she had changed a few things and she would write down the corrected version for me. This is the exact copy of the recipe that she gave me all those years ago. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family has over the years. Seven Up Cake with Pineapple/Coconut Frosting 1 2 layer package yellow cake mix 1 3 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix (not the cook kind) 4 eggs 3/4 cup oil 1 10 ounce bottle of 7 UP 1 3/4 cups sugar 2 Tablespoons Flour 2 Eggs beaten 1/2 cup melted butter 1 cup crushed pineapple 1 cup coconut 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped Walnuts or pecans Combine cake mix, pudding mix, 4 eggs and oil in large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add 7 UP and beat until smooth. Pour int a greased and floured 9 X 13 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 for 40 min. Cool in pan. Combine sugar and flour in saucepan and stir in 2 eggs, butter and undrained pinapple. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Fold in coconut and nuts. Cook over low heat for 10 min, stirring constancly. Cool. Spread over cooled cake. This is a wonderful recipe and your family will enjoy it. It is easy to transport for picnics and family reunions.
@gabs8513 (48803)
No I haven't but it does sound lovely I am actually not one for baking it is very rare I bake but I can see that you love baking by your Receipts I normally buy my Cakes lol
@jennysp8 (855)
I never made it but I bought one ounce & it was sooooo good!!! They also came in RootBeer, and Orange pop soda. I didn't try those cakes though. The 7up one had looked like the safest bet to me. Thanks for the recipe though! I had forgotten all about it until just now!
• Portugal
The things that people remember to use while preparing a cake. 7 UP? This is super strange but probably it is very tasty.
Sounds delicious I will have to try it one day ... Thanks for the recipe
This sounds great. Gonna have to give it a try. This would be a good dessert for Easter. I was thinking of making a cheesecake, but this sounds easier.
@Suze05 (481)
I've never made one, but OMG that sounds soooo good. I may have to make one.. or maybe I better not because that sounds so yummy i may eat the whole thing by myself. LOL
@Melody1 (968)
As the saying goes....Looks are deceptive.Lol. This looks like a wonderful recipe.I'm going to try it soon.
• Marion, Kansas
Hubby looking over my shoulder says OOH, that sounds interesting. I will have to do it for a family gathering.With just two of us we do not eat cakes up quickly enough, although I could freeze it. I have had various soda pop cake recipes in the past. Wishing you a Happy Easter, knowing you are doing a lot of prep work this week.
Did you get to make the cake? I was wondering if you enjoyed it as well as we do.
That sounds really good. Is the recipe original with your aunt? I wish our family members would make cook books as the years go by, because a bunch of recipes are being lost and no one today can come up with any recipes better than a 7 Up cake or even a Jello cake (which my mom makes).
@AskAlly (3627)
I have never heard of this type of cake before. I want to make it just to see what the bubbles from the 7 up will do. lol. Sounds yummy. I sure would have bellied up to that cake and had a piece. Your poor aunt. BUT now you are sharing it with a ton of women who will wow their families with this cake. Hopefully it will make up for her feelings getting hurt all those years ago. Thanks Auntie!
You learn something new everyday! i havenever heard of 7 up cake .This oought to be a real crowd pleaser ! as for it looking weird,my family is the epitomy of weirdness lol so they should fall in love with this
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
This sounds really good. Thanks for this recipe.
@venshida (4839)
I have tried 7 up cake and its delicious I love it.
I never made one..but I bought a few..lol..they are soooo good..my grandmother made one and sent it to me..I didnt know what it was, all I knew was I wanted one for every day of the week..I might have to use that recipe and make one on my own..
Sounds super. +++ again my friend. I really do enjoy your receipes. I made a chocolate cake with pepsi once, and it was great.
@lightningMD (5937)
Ive made this before its delicious...my family loved it thanks for reminding me of it..