Do you eat the mushrooms that grow in your garden?

@Kylalynn (1773)
South Africa
April 3, 2007 5:10pm CST
Mushrooms seem to come up overnight in the garden. Do you eat them. My late dad used to eat them, but he knew which ones he could pick. I usually pick them up now and throw them away. I don't know the difference between a good mushroom and a bad one!
2 people like this
4 responses
• Portugal
4 Apr 07
I don't think that this is a wise decision, unless you are have a lot of experience dealing with mushrooms. I would never do that, I think it's a very danger attitude, and being food poison is not very nice. But I do enjoy mushrooms, but I only use the ones that are sell at the supermarket.
1 person likes this
@Kylalynn (1773)
• South Africa
4 Apr 07
I have no experience, so I also stick to the supermarket mushrooms.
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
4 Apr 07
Nope I am to scared, because I don't know the difference between the poisonous ones and the ones you can eat. Rather safe than to be sorry:D
1 person likes this
@Kylalynn (1773)
• South Africa
4 Apr 07
Yes, I agree, rather be safe than sorry.
1 person likes this
• United States
3 Apr 07
i don't.we have amanitas that come up in our yard-they're extremely poisonous.unless i'm 100% sure,i won't touch them.
1 person likes this
@Kylalynn (1773)
• South Africa
4 Apr 07
Rather don't pick them at all when they are that poisenous. I am too scared to pick them.
@kurtbiewald (2628)
• United States
3 Apr 07
you have to learn something about that, otherwise don't eat em some kinds can turn your liver to mush, after just one small bite if youdon't get a blood transfusion quick, you die that said, if you Do know what you are doing, there are many many kinds to eat that are good, expensive too, $40 a pound even
1 person likes this
@Kylalynn (1773)
• South Africa
4 Apr 07
$40 a pound. Could not afford to eat them. They must be made of gold. Thanks for response.