Do YOU hide FOOD from your FAMILY so they won't EAT it before YOU ??

Ever hide food from your family so they won't eat it? My boyfriend finds this funny, but I am always doing it and I have a special place in the refrigerator that the children never find, but it seems like a common thing in our house, I mean it is open game if food is in the fridge it will get eaten and if you want some of it later you had best get at it first, what about you? ever done this before?
I do not do it. I like to share and would not mind to give even my share to others. It feels nice to watch them eat with joy. I do not mean to say that I can starve while others eat, but, just that I do not hide any food item;)
@jmcafam (2891)
I am not going to lie, yes I have done this. There are some things that I just want all to myself and if it is left so everyone can see they will take it all and I get nothing.
@graciela (147)
I don't but my mother does. I still remember when I was a kid,she used to hide food from us until one day we would discover the food and it's already spoiled.LOL
I confess...you caught me. Boy is my face red. I used to do this a lot when my kids were at home, especially from my son. I would hide a few sodas in my room, just in case we "accidently" ran out. I hid candies and cookies. I had my own privat junk food stash. I feel a bit embarrassed about it now that I think about it, but when you have kids at home, you gotta do what you gotta do. Even now, sometimes, if I buy myself a special candy bar, that I don't want hubby to know I have, I have a cubby hole in one cupboard I use. What type of things do you hide?
I am bad, I hide Kolaches that he buys for the family on Sundays, I always put one away in the food crisper (the kids never look there, only heathly food ~ he he), I save it for Mondays where I can have a treat for breakfast. Thanks for responding
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
hahaha I have done this many times. I live in a family of peanut butter addicts, I must confess this includes me. It doesnt matter how big the jar, how often i replenish it, there is never any left when it comes to my turn. I will ocassionally set some aside. I would rather think of it as preserving things rather than hiding things, although it amounts to the same thing. Im sure i cant be the only person who has done this and ocassionally i feel guilt about it blessed be
@gberlin (3836)
No I don't do this but my mother did. She used to hide soda pop and candy in her bedroom closet. We always found it. LOL! Not sure why she did it. I don't know if she did it when she was young but she did it when I was a teenager. Maybe it is a woman's thing but my wife also thought it was funny that my mom did that so maybe it is not a woman thing.
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
food - food on the table
nope. my mom did not train us to be like that. she lets us eat what we want to it and so, food is open to all at home. and so, until now, i practice what she had taught me. i don't hide food from anyone. i let them eat if they wanna eat it.
@ElicBxn (60156)
i wanna come eat at your house - that food looks YUMMY!!!!!!
@lightningMD (5937)
i dont hide food..but my daughter isnt allowed to eat between meals unless it is a snack we have given her..otherwise she doesnt eat her meals...i'm sure as she gets older this will change
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
that sounds like a good discipline for your daughter and it's reasonable. and i am sure when she gets old, she will understand why you did it to her when she's still little.
@cutieissa (413)
YESSS!!! but the food that i hide is MY share. we are 3 siblings in the family and the only girl. so my parents decided early on if they buy food, they'll buy it in 3 pieces for each of us. this will prevent my bros from beating me up and getting my food, lol! the problem is that my bros eat their food share verrry fast and will run out of food before our next grocery day comes around. so what do they do? they get from my stash!!! i eat very slow coz i savor the food that i have, and often im the only one left with yummy candies & food. which, sadly, my bros get from me. hmmp! so how i did i retaliate? I HID MY FOOD! just like u! and im glad im not alone, lol! my bros think im selfish in not sharing my food but time and time again ive said that this is MY share. i have every right to do whatever i wanna do with it, whether i'll eat it or let it rot for the maggots to eat. lol! anyhow, it feels good there are other people who hides food for 1 reason or another =)
@Tsferrets (421)
Yup sure do.. I hide my bag of peanut M&M's.. I buy what my husband wants but when he's done going thru his he'll eat mine too.. And it totally p--ss's me off.. I don't ask much except make your choice and live by it and leave mine alone.. My stuff could be there for a month but when I decide I want it if it ain't look out.. Someones gonna die.. It is really my only pet peeve.. I don't like sweets all that much but I will fight you if I've bought something special and it isn't there when I go for it.. I don't think thats being selfish.. I bought what he asked for.. Is it too much to leave my stuff alone?? Boy that really hit a bad spot... Tammy
@linda345 (2661)
I am not one to hide food so much but I do hide pepsi so no one can find it. If someone finds my hiding spot and drinks my last one, I have dts. I am addicted so bad.
@dfinster (3538)
I do this whenever I get a pack of Oreo's in the house. If I put them in the snack cupboard I don't ever seem to get any for myself. I actually his a package of them once and forgot about it so when my husband was putting away pots and pans one day he pulled out the pack of Oreo's. I only got about 5 or 6 of those after he found them.
@greengal (4288)
I don't think I would ever do that because families should share food rather than save for each one. I have never done that and will not in the future either. It makes sense to share everything.
@Melody1 (968)
Yeah,the only thing I have to hide are chocolates from my daughters as they just can't resist it and end up eating too much and refuse to eat the proper meal.
Yes, if I bought that thing specially as a treat for myself. But I normally share my food. I am after all a very generous person lol. I would normally buy extras for everyone anyway.
@ElicBxn (60156)
Well, no. If I tell everyone that something is mine, then they know its safe for me & I don't want anyone to eat it. Of course I don't have kids or anyone else that think my allergies are "all in my head." I had a problem at my job with people making popcorn in the microwave & making me sick. The original boss believed me, but the ...ah... person that took over that I retired because of wasn't that sort of person. She'd've probably said, "well, we can't just be accomadating you if other people want to have popcorn." I think you can see why I got out before she could start that kind of stuff.
@uiwwitch (892)
I do this sometimes. I can't help it, I but treats for myself and get hurt if someone else gets to them before I do. Kinda selfish huh?
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
haha ha, this made me laugh coz I just today hid a chocolatebar so that my bf wouldnt eat it. I am eating itnow while he is at work. Ifhe would have found it, he would havehad it for sure =)