Do you think people of different faiths can date or marry..

Say a person is christian..can they marry a non christian? Can a protestant marry a Catholic. .Or an atheist mary a Muslim or christian etc? Do you think marriages should stay within your own faith or do you think people of different faiths can date and marry???
@4cuteboys (4103)
Well I have always thought that if you are determined to make something work, you can make it happen no matter what. Also though, I believe marrying when there is a difference in religious beliefs is very very tough. I'm not sure how a relationship would work when two people disagree about something so important to them. Especially say if an Athiest was dating a Christian for instance, I think that would be very hard. The Christian might want to talk about church, or say prayers at dinner time ect, and the Athiest might feel crowded, annoyed, or just uncomfortable.
Yes ..I agree..with the two : atheist and christian having difficulties making a marriage or short term relationship work..I have heard though where two atheists married..One converted to Christianity and then the other spouse eventually did too;)+
@RL2006 (494)
I am not going to say that people from different churches couldn't get along and work all their problems out, as the Bible says, one Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. So what does this mean. If two people tried I think they could get along.
@RL2006 (494)
I am not sure people from different faiths couldn't get along in marriage, but it is difficult. It would be better if they would stay with their own faith in my opinion.
Why do you think they wouldn't get along Ruby..do you think they would argue over beliefs?:)+
@asish1672 (339)
• United Arab Emirates
Well I believe that, it is better not to marry in different faiths. This is because, there are very few people who can shed off their difference and give love, the first preference. Lot of people try force their faith on their partners. If both partners can practice their own fath without disturbing others feelings, then it is fine. But that is very rare.
Yes, I guess it seems to be rare for people of different faiths to make it work in a marriage; but I have seen many together for many long years ..despite their different worship preferencs..Of course there are probably many also who have broken up due to faith issues..:+
@waynet (2650)
If you believe or do not believe it makes no difference as aliens from all countries are inter racially entwined nowadays! that it would be hard to decipher the true meanings of any faith or religion. I married my mrs and she is not a christian, I'm a satanist but I do want to impose my beliefs on to her, whenever I do my satanic rituals I sit down with my chicken dinner and roast potaoes and then I kill the cooked chicken in the name of Beelzebub! (the potatoes I just eat!)
I can't say I understand the last part of your post here..but the rest I do and I thank you for your comment..and your opinion..All posts add to the growth here and helps us understand one another..:)+
@mssnow (9495)
i think they can if they agree on what will happen. like will the children be brought up in one religion or another? Will you got ot church separately or will you go to each church together.? Things like that.