how much time do you get for yourself

kids - Children
@yasaran (789)
With kids in the house, I hardly get any time for myself. If I sit on PC, my kids are behind it, and if I go to watch TV they want to watch cartoon. How much time do you to do what you like at home with your kids around you?
@Phlamingho (7834)
• Denmark
LOL that's a perfect reason why I never want to have kids.
@yasaran (789)
Thats not any reason not to have kids. You are missing a very beautiful experience in your life. They may be changing your life pattern, but it will be a welcome change. Just change your mind and you will remember me for ever.
@mtoxales (374)
The only time I get for myself is when my kids are sleeping already and I have finished doing the rest of the household chores so that's about 3-4 hours. Sometimes I don't do the chores at night when I feel tired or when I feel like doing something for myself so I do it in the morning while my kids are eating breakfast. It's really tough when the kids are still young and they are very dependent on you. Sometimes during the day when I take a break by just sitting on the couch for awhile, one of my kids would ask me to do something so I don't really get my break. But I guess we can just enjoy them while they are doing this because time may come when they will have their new friends and their attention will be shifted to other things and we might be envious about it. =)
@yasaran (789)
You will surely be jealous of em when they get new friends and start ignoring you. But that is the way it has to go as it has with us. The younger ones are the most unpredictable. They will just want your attention when you have to do an important work or just want to relax.
@Ravenladyj (22992)
Both my kids are at school full time and my husband works so I have plenty of time on my own....in fact i spend more time alone in the course of a week than I do with anyone be it family or whatever....mind you all that time alone doesnt mean I get to do what I want..I have a house to keep, meals to cook, laundry to do and so on
@Ravenladyj (22992)
also as far as tv, computer time, bathrooms etc goes we have 3 computers (my husband has one in his room, I have on in the living room and the kids ahve their own in their tv room) and we have 2 tvs (one in the living room, one in the kids tv room) as well as two bathrooms so even when ppl are home...I still dont have the hovering issue goin on LOL
@4cuteboys (4103)
I get next to no time to myself. If I am on the laptop the kids are right there with me. If I want to watch tv, too bad they are already watching it! If I want to go potty the littlest ones are banging on the door waiting for me. The only time I get to myself is like maybe from 830pm-930 when i usually fall asleep.
@yasaran (789)
That's really funny. I thought you'd get time when the kids go to sleep.
@lightningMD (5937)
none it seems like..we only have one kid left at home but it seems like she is always under foot...i get about an hour every evening after she is in bed that is my favorite time of the day...
@yasaran (789)
well you are in the same boat as me, but i got two sweet devils to handle. though they tend to take away your time, they simply fill your mind with joy.
@Sicantik (706)
Even though I'm very busy with my two year old son.I usualy can get time for myself after 7.30pm that's when my husband put him to bed. I normaly get about one hour then I'll spend it with my husband until bed time. Sometimes both my husband and I need some ME time then we just do what we want. I normaly like to finish out my work or watch something on telly where he normaly would like to finish his book. I think some time to yourself is possible when you work out some kind of routine for your kids...xx
@EvanHunter (4030)
Lately I would say I have been taking too much time for myself. Especially since I started on mylot. But after this week things will be cut back a whole lot I dotn plan on being online more than probly once a week there is alot of things I need to make happen now that warmer weather is here and I wont have much time for my online life and need to get outdoors and get active. It sounds like you are feeling a bit crowded by not having any free time. Just remember they wont be little for ever soon they will be the obnoxious and rebelious teenager stage...lol.
I too hardly get any time for myself at home. My son is very demanding of attention, especially since I work all day, so if I get to do anything that I want to do, it's usually after he goes to bed for the night.