In A Rut

@webeishere (36353)
Seems I have been in a HUGE rut as of late. My brain has let out a MAJOR fart not allowing me to think past the stink. Hahahaha!! What I mean is I'm getting really tired of so much B.S. here on myLot. I have dial-up and the pages take forever now to load for me. I haven't been able to think to start new discussions at all. I have started a few recently but not like I used to do. Not the same quality and informative etc type I'm used to starting. I can't even think of responses or comments to make anymore. I'm tired of the one liner discussions. I'm tired of so many people asking to be my friend yet they never visit my page reading my discussions. I'm just in a really HUGE rut since Friday or so. Guess all I can do is take a break. Unless I find a brain laxative to ease this constapation of my mind. Ewwww! Hahahahaha! Everyone have a great Easter Vacation etc. I will be here on and off. Hoping this rut slows or disappears totally. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@minnie_98214 (10573)
Well dad i think its the weather i mean its spring its winter im confused lol. I think with the changes mylot has made a few people got annoyed. just wait it out things will get better. And you cant ecpect everyone to be your best friends you have many friends on here that love to hesr what you have to say. ive been here longer then you and yet I dont have any loyal responders yet.
@rosie_123 (6118)
I understand you totally, because I have been very much the same these past few weeks. A combination of long hous in a new job, nicer weather so more stuff to be done outside at weekends, and a slow dial-up connection, means I honestly have less and less time or inclination to visit MyLot. I come over once a day normally, maybe answer a couple of friends' discussions that catch my eye, but then prefer to stay out of it. There is so much dross here these days:-(( I do hope you feel better soon though, because your posts always brightened the place up! Cheers.
@webeishere (36353)
Maybe soon I'll be back to normal mylotian posting etc. not yet. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@blackbriar (9080)
lol Your just too funny, Grandpa Bob. Take a small break over Easter. Relax and enjoy your family this holiday. Maybe that's all your poor brain needs to reenergize. When I signed into my email account, first thing I noticed was my inbox didn't have over 10 discussions from you and thought 'Wow! Grandpa Bob must have went in a temp. slump.' lol Enjoy your Easter and see you back here on Mon. sometime. I'm heading up to WI for a mini getaway with my daughter on Fri. and won't be back till Monday morning sometime. HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY MYLOTTER FRIENDS!!! :-)
Lol, brain farts are a regular thing in my home Bob haha. I guess it helps sometimes to take a break though. i know I've had times where I've sat and stared at the screen reading the words on a discussion but not actually taking anything in. Then I put my fingers on the keyboard to respond and find I have to read the discussion again. I've been round and round like that for 15 minutes or more sometimes. I'm taking time off over the Easter Vacation too, just to recharge my batteries a little bit and I'm sure the break will do me good. There will always be inconsiderate people around. Unfortunately i's the way of a site like Mylot. People are drawn in by the thought of making enough money to retire. When they find out it's not possible, and that they have to actually put some effort in to make money, they tend to respond with no brainer one sentence responses. Try not to let them get to you. if they don't visit your discussions, then they're not worthy is what I say.
I know what you mean about the pages taking FOREVER to load! It takes me about a minute to a minute and a half to load and I have a cable internet connection! I have also been in a rut as far as starting discussions. I hope that the fog clears for both of us soon!
@AndiCat (326)
My postings go in ebbs and flows - I'll have days where I don't feel like reading/posting anything, and other days where I get on a roll. I know when I had dial-up, it was brutal. Hubby and I signed on with highspeed internet last September, and what a difference it makes! Maybe you could consider looking into getting it. It can be a hassle changing emails, getting set up, etc. but the inital hassle and transition period are well worth it!May your rut end soon and have a great Easter!
i have days like that too.you just sit there and go "where do i even start" LOL sometimes the weather also has that effect-it's been bleh lately. have a great easter also grandpa bob :)
@dixielol (1581)
Haha, you have a way with words that just leaves me speach less. Mylot was running verry slow for me yesterday as well. It is doing better today. I have DSL but sometimes it is so slow I fell like i have dial up. Mylot always seems to run slower then other sites. I too am tired of havein so many people request me as a friend yet never respond to any of my discussions. Espically since I hardly ever start any in the first place. It seems like there arent any really good discussions on here to reply to lately. I did notice that you hadn't been posting much but figured that you was just getting ready for a big easter egg hunt with your grand kids! Hope things speed up on here. I enjoy your discussions & will miss them dearly.
Yes, Grandpa Bob, I agree you need to take a break given what you are feeling. However I have to agree with you too that there are simply too many "garbage" discussions. I have to sieve out so many discussions just to find one that I can answer. It used to be that I can manage 50-200 responses a day. But recently, I am having difficulty answering even 20-30. And I must say that I have answered many of the discussions many times. They are started by different people but the topic is the same. Like you, I am quite sick of answering too. Good to know that I am not alone in feeling this. :P
@bkfuels (1605)
I hear you on all of this and I started to deny friends just because they never look at my discussions and I feel I have enough good friends to keep up with here. I find I am not as active on here as I use to be but I am trying and I always like to get to you my friend.
Lucky for me the loading in my computer is much faster. Yeah I know what you mean I experience that too and I have nothing to think of and nothing to say plus the boredom I get from all the same discussion I red. Whenever this happens to me I just take a break or watch tv just to refresh my brain.
@raijin (10373)
I do feel that same way GrandPa, but I think it's because most of the mylot members did observed the lenten season. Some of them may have took a temporary vacation and refrained in posting here as their way of fasting?LoL Let's just hope that they get back this coming monday, and that things would get back to normal again. I'm also having a hard time searching for other topics here, so I decided to heed your suggestion and started in uploading photos since yesterday. Thanks again for a wonderful topic to ponder, and haapy easter to you too!;)
@susieq223 (3742)
You probably are just in a rut, Grandpa Bob. Although we will miss you, a break may be just what you need. If the weather is warm enough, get outside for awhile. And have a wonderful Easter!
@sjohnson628 (3197)
I know dial up can be very frustrating. Have you considered getting high speed? There are a lot of specials going on everywhere. I hope you check in to this. I have DSL through the phone company. I think aol also has high speed. My pages load so quickly it's like turning pages in a book and doesn't tie up your phone line. Good luck. I just had a week long break from mylot due to my circumstances and it feels so good to be back.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Ha HA Blow that smell away things just aren't the same without you here. I'm still wondering did you get the deck painted and the yard work done with the help of your family members. That's where you left off and I haven't heard anything more. Just wondering whats happening. Take Care ol' boy and get back in the loop ! Ha Ha
@marlyse (1056)
hi there grandpa bob. i understand what you mean.i too have problems sometimes to find interesting discussions. it needs to much time to go through all the nonsense questions. i hope its only temporary, because i miss your discussions ;-)
@rx4life (1932)
Sorry for your situation...we all love your posts..I hope it's temporary..I agree about the one liners ..it makes it very hard to convey thoughts in "yeps" and "Nopes"....I like a *little* more content than some offer!! Does it have anything to do with the upgrade? Hope to hear from you soon.
@deeeky (3668)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
Yes the brain can certainly get clogged up with nothingness. Having a slight rest will certainly unclogg the grey matter and you will be off faster than one of you arts can zoom past your nose. lol Have a nice day from Deeeky.
@webeishere (36353)
Thanks. I'm still in a huge rut it seems. And it's Monday already too. Don't know how long this is going to last. Uggghhh! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@someonesmom (5765)
I'm sorry you're feeling this way Grandpa Bob. You were one of the first ones on here to make me feel welcome, and the first to award me a best response. I've noticed the one liners too, both in responses, and the starting of discussions. I don't even understand how anyone can rattle off so many topics in such a short space of time, and the quality and topic choice isn't the best. I've had to delete a whole string of these type of topics from my inbox, and realize that I didn't understand the way things work here well enough, when inviting someone to be my friend. I thoroughly enjoy your discussions etc., and am hoping you'll get over your 'poster's block' real soon. Have a great Easter. P.S. I do my best to try to read all of my friends discussions, and respond if I have something to say, so am trying to concentrate on those I truly enjoy, while adding some quality new ones.
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
Come on Grandpa don't live us.Anyone need a grandpa at her/him life.I always liked to come at your topics even before I be at your friend list.Do something with your brain ,make it come at the right place,hit your head at the wall if it's need but stay here with us ..... PS.I'm glad to see your old avatar again.Yes it's me with the avatars problem lol: