Did anyone else notice that we are not supposed to reply to every response....?

Did anyone else notice that we are not supposed to reply to every response we get? I admit that I did not know this. If I read it, it slipped my mind. Is this common knowledge?
@applsofgld (2506)
I don't know if we are supposed to or not. I try to respond to as many as I possibly can, but some don't require a response. It is not possible for me to stay on top of all the responses lately b/c I have so much going on at home, but I will try to catch up. I do read them though.
Mylot should spend more time on here correcting people who mean.
I did not know that but I get two board reading and responding to every response. I can only sit at the computer for so long.
Why not? I comment on every response I get and I don't have any problem because of it. I know it says in the guidelines that you shouldn't thank everyone. But, making a quality comment shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I know I've gotten credited for it. Sometimes, all I do is write replies.
I don't know. I just read about it in the new discussions. A woman got a note from mylot telling her not to do that. This is her discussion: raydene (992) 7 hours ago This AM on my email there was a short note from myLot scolding me for commenting and or repling.I am sharing this so that others will know that this is a no no.Sometimes I don't have anything to say but I want my friends to know I read their discussion and I want everybody to know that I thank them for their response.When my pain level is up I have a hard time putting the words together to say what I want to...Friends I hope you'll know that I read your discussions and responses but will not be answering every single thing any longer.I'm glad they let me know because I didn't get it from the rules but I probably missed it.Look below and you'll see what I mean... MyLot wrote "We have reviewed your account and noticed that you had a lot of comments that were unacceptable. Please refrain from responding/commenting with: Thanks for your reply, thanks, hugs, thanks for your response, thanks for responding and so on. The rest of your discussions, responses and comments are great. Keep up the good work." Does anybody else have any feedback from myLot to help the rest of us?Please share..I'm still figuring it all out. Thanks
Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I've been commenting and replying for the entire 5 1/2 months I've been here. I mean, why, then, do they have that "add comment" button for everyone to use? If I get a notice like that, I'll let you know and try to track down this discussion to tell you.
Actually, I went back and re-read your comment. It says not to "thank anyone" for their responses. Yes, we're not supposed to give comments like that or thank people. But, quality responses are OK as far as I know.
@karvin87 (1034)
Hey yestheypayme2dothis, I feel it is always good if you reply to the replies you get for your discussion. this helps in forming a bond and then you can see more of them in your discussions...its just a way interaction to improve the level of understanding between two strangers here on mylot...neways wat diff it makes if you reply? just 10 min extra ...but that ten mins helps you earn true frnds here which would otherwise be impossible... P.S: Try calling ppl by there name and they would just love u! :)
Hi Karvin, I just do not want to be kicked off for not obeying rules here. Many times if a person has his or her name under the avatar, I do call them by name. If they don't then I don't do that. Some I know their name because they sent me a note, yet their name is not out there for all to see, and I I don't know if they want to keep it private.
@karvin87 (1034)
hey i mean the user name...it like respecting the other person and he/she tends to respond well, this is something that i have learnt till now...
Karvin, you certainly have my respect.
Oh woah! I didn't know about this until I read your discussion. I guess the "thanking" thing is not okay then. But if you do have something to relate to that particular response in your discussion it's still fine. That's what it looks like to me from her "mylot" email.
I wonder why that is.
@LittleMel (14059)
No I don't know that until you mention it. Is it in the guideline?? Anyway I don't always comment on every response but I try to do so since most people I responded to, always comment on them.
I do not know for a fact if it is a guideline. Read her discussion above.
leaving comments is ok as long as it keeps the conversation going and is not just a simple thanks.
@KarenO52 (2951)
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that mylots would send a letter for responding with a short thanks, I've been doing that from time to time when I'm too tired, but just feel like acknowledging a response.
You're doing your best to be polite and that is commendable because some people don't care. They just want to make money off your post. I have my sleepy times, too...and then I just want to say something.
I've never had this problem from mylot before, but I try to add something to my replies, so that is doesn't just say "thanks for your reply" twenty times on the page. I've seen some people that seem to reply to everything that way and I'm not sure if it's so they feel they are acknowledging the reponses, but they can try to add a couple sentences to it so that it still has new conversation in it. Otherwise to me it just seems like they are bumping the conversation to the top of the list again, because all they are saying is "thanks", when they could say something like "thanks, I agree with what you've said because this one time a couple years ago... blah blah" I think you get what I mean. They could really go on and promote a good conversation.
They could be a little creative. Then there are some that are worse because they say, "Thank you for your thoughts." If you look, you can see the said the very same thing to each person who responded to their conversation. They just cut and paste the same response to each one.
• Vietnam
It's depend on the discussion you start. Most of my discussions is to asking help or partnership, so I should inform my responders or at least give them thanks. It's very important to keep good relation with the friends you made here, though
@nanayangel (7691)
Well, I am aware that we are not required to do that. But I love sharing my insight to other members' response and when their posts don't need a response from me, I just thank them for sharing their opinion, idea or insight and for making my topic active and for their participation.
@pitstop (4629)
I think it has to do more with people who just reply saying Thanx for the reply or short repetitive statements like OK, yes I agree, etc etc. I genuinely respond to all my responses and add valid points and opinions on their replies - not just vague comments.
@clownfish (3278)
Hi! You can reply to every post. Mylot just doesn't pay people to say, "Thanks for the reply," etc., over and over again. If you have something original to say in reply, say it. Just don't have the same response all the time. That's what the guidelines say not to do. :-)