Spicy Chicken

I ordered a sandwich went we went to dinner tonight, and the breaded chicken that was on it was very spicy. I still have the spices on my tongue and in my mouth. I've tried drinking a glass of milk, but it doesn't seem to be working! Does anyone have an idea to cool off my mouth?
• Grand Junction, Colorado
If the glass of milk didn't work then I would suggest a slice of bread with a thick coat of butter/margarine and eat that, maybe even along with a half of glass of milk. I also heard something recently about ketchup on the tongue although that just sounds awful to me. The buttered bread though should do the trick. Just make sure that you use it generously for it to work. :) Hope that helps would love to know what chicken sandwich you ate and from where? :)
ooh...I can't imagine eating ketchup straight from the bottle with nothing to go with it! We ate at this little Mexican place close to the house. "El Caliente". I love their food. I just got a chicken sandwich, because I wasn't super hungry. I don't know if something got dropped into the breading, or if something spicy had been cooked in the grease before hand or what. I've eaten there before, and never have I gotten anything that was hot like tonight. Even when it was supposed to be! lol
To remove the capsaicin -- the pepper oil,you need something high in fat. Like butter, or full fat ice cream--yes, I can see it now--"but doctor, I had to eat the icecream, even though it is not on my diet, I was using it to remove pepper oils." A piece of really rich chocolate will do the trick, too.
I ended up drinking some milk with Chocolate syrup. I will have to remember the ice cream trick. That's wonderful! I have an excuse to eat Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream now!
@villageanne (8554)
Wow That was one spicy sandwich! I suggest you not order that sandwich again. I have no idea how to get the hot out of your mouth if it has stayed this long. Where did you get it. I want to stay away from that sandwich.
We ate at "El Caliente" it's a little Mexican place here in Hot Springs. The food is excellent, and I've ordered that sandwich before, and I don't remember it ever being that hot. I wonder if got a drop of something dripped on it or something. Anyway, my mom was here, and I said something to her, and she fixed me some chocolate milk and sent it over to me. (I didn't have any chocolate syrup)
When ever I have really hot wings or something, I eat a celery stick or carrot stick with blue cheese. Blue cheese ALWAYS does the trick for me. Good luck!!
that's an interesting idea. I am not a huge blue cheese fan, but it might be beneficial to learn to like it, since I love Mexican food!