what is more important Easter Eggs or Easter Service

Christians hold this weeknd as the Holyest of all Religious Hoidays. It is Jesus on the Cross on Friday and His risen from the dead on Sunday. So my question do children know as much about this Holiday as they do about Christmas and the birth of Christ.
@charms88 (7543)
Easter holiday is widely spread all over my country. It is too impossible for the children not to know about it. Three years ago, my friends and I started to hold an Easter celebration for our kids. The kids will go around the garden and hunt for eggs. They will be given an hour to paint the eggs. Whoever have the most unique design will be winner. The award will be a whole month supply of real eggs. :)
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I had my three older children in a Christian based preschool as well as Sunday school so they all knew both sides of Easter from a very young age. I allowed my oldest to watch a "mommy censored" version of The Passion of the Christ (she's only 11 now afterall). My little ones don't know much either way. Obviously the baby doesn't, the next one is not quite 2 so he doesn't really understand any holidays yet, my 4 year old hasn't been as exposed so all he knows is (in his words) a rabbit is coming with Easter eggs and toys. My s/o (his dad) isn't into the religious aspect of anything so it's kind of tricky to teach the little ones that side of holidays. He'll be going to the same preschool next year though so a lot will be changing.
@dixielol (1581)
I dont think that most kids do. I have a cousin who has 6 kids. He doesn't believe in god so his kids know nothing of easter except that the Easter Bunny brings them stuff. I have an aunt who is really religious as are her kids. So her grandkids know exactly what it is about from the time they are old enough to talk. I dont think I knew untill I was about 12. I heard my aunt telling one of her grand kids & I asked if it was true. My mom believed in god but she didnt go to church so I didnt know anything about that. I know most people know about Christmas but not as many know about Easter
My toddler is still 2 1/2 and at this age, she is still interested in the Easter egg hunt and what the Easter Bunny will be bringing her. Last year, we got her a book about Peter Rabbit but this year as she is getting older, we got her a book about Jesus on Easter. She can't grasp the idea yet but she knows that Easter Sunday is special, we go to church and attend mass. She knows it is not an ordinary mass but a special one because Jesus had risen again ( she didn't press what risen means yet. Because this is a special mass, her also has her special Easter dress hanging on her closet. Christmas is very easy to understand and its meaning because there is a nativity scene she can look into and the idea of giving gifts because of the three kings. Easier to explain than Easter and its meaning. But every year, I will explain more that there is more to Easter than Easter eggs.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I think they should now more about it then about Christmas because it is very important that childern as well as everyone in the world knows about Jesus dying on the cross for thier sins.
@mickidmw (992)
Definately Easter service. A lot of people totally forget that Easter is about the Resurrection! Not Eggs. THey do not tell theier children the truemeaning of Easter, just like Chrisstmas. Sure the hunt is a great tradition, but the most important part is sometimes forgotten! Very commercialised!
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
@carolynpb (647)
Easter service because that is where you learn or are reminded of the true meaning of Easter. The Easter eggs and Easter bunny are just the "fun" side of things that man came up with. ( Which is really fun)
@katty0004 (387)
I think its all in how the child is raised , I raised my son to know what easter was and why , but I always did have a basket of goodys for him to , but he knew what the it stood for .
@Mickie30 (2633)
I am a born again Christian so it is definately the Easter service that is more important. I haven't actually had an Easter egg.
@cjthedog64 (1553)
I think the religious aspect is definatly the most important part of Easter. However, my DS is only 15 months old, and isn't able to understand all that yet. So we had duckies & bunnies & eggs. We'll have a family dinner this evening. As he gets older and is able to understand the idea a little more, we'll introduce more of the religious aspects. Same with Christmas...
@lightningMD (5932)
we make sure our daughter understands that today is about Jesus arising from the tomb and that the eggs and chocolate are just a treat...
@TerryZ (22083)
Yes I feel they do because at a young age being a catholic we are taught about what the holidays means and why we its important to celebrate them.