do you ask for receipts when you buy things?

receipts - everytime you buy always ask for receipts
we can't deny it, there are some stores that don't give receipts to us evertime we buy things from them. my friends told me it's a subtle way kind of a crime. it's a cute way of running away from their obligations. do you ask one? or you don't care at all. please share it to me.
• Netherlands
Nowdays, I'll ask the receipts so I can double check them myself. Especially for things that on sale. Because many times the item discount price didn't match with what stated on the cashier screen. It happened also when they accidentally scanned some item twice while I bought just one item. Once you leave the store, it's gonna be your lost. And I also like to check to good bargain I've paid. Only at Mc Donald I found it difficult to get a receipts since they didn't automatically give it to the costumer (only when we asked for it) and it is quite annoying because sometimes they automatically charged for extra small things that I didn't ask for it.