When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grow up?

@billiep (231)
As a child we have a lot of dreams and aspirations, which may even seem foolish now becaue you can't imagine yourself as one of those. When I was a child I wanted to be a ballerina, a dentist, a scientist, a space woman, and a painter. But now I can't imagine myself as a dentist, a ballerina, a scientist and a space woman (astronaught). There was but one dream I had that still is my dream until now, I want to be a painter, and I already am, but the difference now is I want people to see my work. ALthough recently I haven't had time for painting I can not imagine myself as a ballerina, because I lack the skills especially the discipline for being a ballerina. Next I don't want to be a dentist, because I dont like doing anything that reguires a little blood. As for being a scientist or an astonaught, well, I'm not that smart or that brave to go to outer space or think of ways on how to go to outer space. I like painting, it makes me feel good. It my stress buster. And I also like how my paintings come out. I like expressing myself through art. So, how about you? what did you want to be when you were a child? and how did that turn out?
@Josette_J (806)
When I was a child, I had many dreams and ambitions too. Well, some of them stuck with me until now. I guess my first ambition was to be an artist. I was always drawing and colouring so I figured I might as well earn my living as an artist. Family and relatives were giving me colouring books too. I guess colouring books were the best gifts for young girls. After that, I wanted to be a writer. I still want to be a writer now. I love to write and express my ideas. So, this dream stuck with me. When I was about 10, I also wanted to become a florist and a photographer. That time, I learned how to use the camera and snapped a few pictures. My family did not really trust me with a camera yet so snapping a few pictures on my own was quite a luxury. The florist part? I had no idea where it came from! I even made a pact with my friend who wanted to be a lawyer that she'd help me in my shop selling photographs! Such weird ideas we had then. Perhaps those dreams shaped us up to be who we are now. It's part of growing up, nevertheless. Things change and so do dreams. Now, I only wish to be happy and earn lots of money! Haha!
@billiep (231)
It's true maybe our dreams back then shape us to be who we are today. Things do change and dreams do change, i do agree. When we were young we had so many dreams and now, we only wish to be happy and satisfied with our life. I wish the best for you, and hope you're dreams come true.
Thanks! I hope you achieve your dreams too. It's never too late to do anything. You can still be an astronaut or a ballerina if you want to! You just gotta get yourself together and do what you want. Good luck!
@subha12 (18453)
i wanted be a scientist. may be a astronaut. I ended up being an engineer. I always wanted to do excellence in academic line as i was good at study from childhood.
@lani0529 (1726)
Olah billiep!(",) Like you, I did have so many dreams and aspirations as a child.(",)First, I wanted to be a doctor to help heal the sick. I always wished I can be an actress to show my acting ability. There was also a point in my childhood in which I would like to be a dress designer because when I was younger I'm good at drawing dresses. My all time favorite is to be a kindergarten teacher because I really love children. None of those I had mention came true. Now, I'm a nurse already and at the same time I'm also a teacher not for kindergarten but to college students.(",) Have a great day to you!(",)
This may sound funny but when I was a little girl I actually wanted to be a sniper! I saw it in a movie once and I wanted to shoot bad guys! LOL How goofy (and sad at the same time!) is that! Then after that I wanted to be an FBI Agent! I never wanted to be anything girlie and I've never played with dolls when I was little either so I never did girlie things! My mom would try to buy girlie stuff for me but I wanted boy toys! Weird little girl huh!
@cruzades (661)
When I was young and still dreaming for what will I be in the future, I keep on saying.. "I wanted to be a commercial plane pilot", and later I realized, I have a fear of heights so.. the idea was dropped. Next in line was to be a Civil Engineer, just like my father's profession, again, things have changed and computer related jobs are starting to get boomed, then I shifted to Computer course, hehehe.. that's where I ended up.