Slur against Straights

@bobmnu (8160)
In "Plychology Today" the April 2007 (www.psychologytoday.com) edition contains an article about the relationships between gays. The article states that the gays are more aware of their partners bodies and diesires than are the "breaders". If I were to make a comment about gays similar tothis I wouldbe labled a homophoic and and the magazine would be boycotted. Is this not a hate statement?
@CLUBSUGAS (257)
i DO NOT THINK IS a hate statement - this getting even statement since the gays have been picked on for so many years so it is nice to see them standing up for themselves and shoveling it back at them all - all in all though eventually we all need to except all people - but the gays are smarter
@bobmnu (8160)
Name calling is name calling. The only difference is they will not have to attend diversity classes but I would if I called them something they did not like.
@Destiny007 (5820)
Absolutely not, because it is directed at straight people. I have found out a few things in both my career in Corrections, and in the time that I have been on myLot. If you are anything that is considered outside of the mainstream of what is normally referred to as family values, then you can say just about anything you want to about people who don't agree with your views or lifestyle. If you are white, conservative, and outspoken about your value system...then you are racist, homophobic, or a mindless Bushbot. So far today, I have avoided being called homophobic, but the day isn't over yet. The double standards are not just running rampant, they are GALLOPING, not only on this site but also throughout the country. Liberalism and filth has pretty much taken over and before long there will be no decency left. Wrong has now become right, and right is no longer politically correct...and everybody had just best keep quiet about it lest they get labeled. Getting real tired of the whole thing.
@bobmnu (8160)
You hit it on the head.
@mememama (3077)
That's a common term for straight people. I don't find it offensive, I actually find it kind of funny. I have lots of gay friends that have called me that before, I don't take it too seriously, but I have called my friend a "queen".
@bobmnu (8160)
You may not find it offencive but if I find it offencive I will be labled homophobic. President Bush said he thought Senator Obama was an articulate man and he is accused of being a racist, College students call a conservitive Black senate candidate an Oreo and throw oreo cookies at him and it is called freedom of speech. There is a double standard in this country. If you are liberal and/or a minority you can say what you want and not have to answer for it.
@Latrivia (2889)
I see nothing wrong with it. For every "slur" against straights I can list 2 or three for gays. That's not to say it wan't a bad thing...they probably could have used a better term, but in a lot of writings that I've read from homophobic people against gays, I've heard worse terms used far more frequently. Though it's funny, most people who disagree with homosexuality reason that it's wrong or unnatural because gays supposedly can't procreate - that is something only straight couples can do (or so they say). Yet, when labeled as the "breeders" of society, it's something to get huffy about because to them it carries negative conotations. This sounds more along the lines of being able to dish stuff out but not being able to take it. What's with the double standard?