All the controversy over Knut the Polar Bear

@pyewacket (44036)
I can't help thinking how downright stupid animal activists were over the now famous Polar Bear, Knut. These were animal rights activists who are always trying to DEFEND animals and keep them alive, and they were actually wanting the zoo in Germany where he was born to be put down and killed...how stupid is that? They claimed because his mother rejected him and is being raised by humans that he could never be wild again..what do you mean..wild again..he was born in a zoo in the first place..
This is so crazy. The cub was born in a zoo,, He wont know now different, so it is best he stays where he is born to an enviroment that he knows. What gave those activists the right to say he should be put down! With that statment of thiers when I read it in our papers here in the UK. All I thought was they was trying to save the life of animals not to destroy them. They have shown themselves to be more of a nuicance than to care about animals. I am totally glad that the zoo in question have seen sence and to keep the cub alive. Lynn-Marie
@brokentia (10396)
I was left wondering about this too!!! Why would the activist, who are against killing an animal, want to kill a baby that was born in captivity???? Aren't they FOR animal survival??? I don't know who got the wrong hair up their butt...but it was the wrong hair! They need to just get over it and eat a biscuit! How absurd that they want the animal killed and the zoo is perfectly capable of caring for the animal. And with all the global warming going on, it is a good thing because if we keep going on this route, the polar bears will be at risk. They have already found polar bears drowning because they have had to swim farther. There is no point of releasing this polar bear....and just because the mother rejected the bear cub, does not mean that it should die. Look at humans....mother reject their babies...and we are animals also. But what? Should we just allow those babies to die too?
that's twisted they would say that. he couldn't help his circumstance. i hate to say it,but in some cases what with poaching and encroachment on habitat,a zoo is probably the animal's best chance at living. and that's sad in and of itself :(
@ElicBxn (60894)
Isn't that just the craziest thing!! Sometime those animal wackos just get too crazy! I'm glad that German zoo knew better than to listen to them.