Dark Chocolate good for you

@Lakota12 (42684)
I saw this on yahoo news this morning so I looked it up have copied part of it but here is the URL to go to to read more http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate Dark chocolate -- not white chocolate -- lowers high blood pressure, say Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and colleagues at the University of Cologne, Germany. Their report appears in the Aug. 27 issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association. But that's no license to go on a chocolate binge. Eating more dark chocolate can help lower blood pressure -- if you've reached a certain age and have mild high blood pressure, say the researchers. But you have to balance the extra calories by eating less of other things.
I've been hearing this too this morning. Thanks for posting the webmd article. It was very informative. I am not really a dark chocolate lover, actually I prefer milk. But I can "force myself" to eat a piece of dark every now and then, if it's for my health. lol I also heard this morning that drinking hot chocolate may be better for you in the morning...but just one cup. Interesting.
@Lakota12 (42684)
yes very interesting glad ya liked the post
come on in, i have dark chocolates too. see what i have posted few weeks back.
• Latvia
Yes I heard that dark chocolate is much better than milk chocolate, and white is not good at all. My mom always gave me chocolate during my period and exams. But tell you what - best chocolate is in Belgum, but best dark chocolate is in Latvia.
@Lakota12 (42684)
just knew it would be made somehweres else where I cant get it lol
• Latvia
hehehe in nowdays everything is possible - internet era ... www.balticshop.com under food:)
@Lakota12 (42684)
wow they are costly arent they ? Guess I will have to stick with what I can get here thanks for URL tho
@polachicago (19075)
did you have dark chocolate with wasabi and ginger? or dark chocolate with horseradish? new line has many combinations.....
@Lakota12 (42684)
no And I dont think I would like horseradish with the chocolate he he he
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey LKo12 It would have to be dark chocolate-I hate it :X +'s 2 U
@Lakota12 (42684)
of course it just had to be something most dont like lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
I have read the first two paragraphs and programmed my brain to erase the third one lol. Chocoholics always knew chocolate was good for you, anything that cheers you up tends to raise your immunity and make you generally more able to cope with life. Seriously I take the hint about the not too much. The higher the cocoa content, the less squares you need to "hit the spot".
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup but remeber all ya need is DARK chocolet
@wolfie34 (26793)
Now that is good news, you hear so much about chocolate being so bad for you, this is great to hear, thank you! I love dark chocolate and I am quite a chocoholic, I also love drinking hot chocolate and they do a dark chocolate variety which is my favourite so thanks for sharing and making chocolate a friend rather than an enemy!
@Lakota12 (42684)
me to oI went and bought me just me some lol
Funny how some weird things happen with me and myLot. This has to be th 3rd or 4th time I have a coincident happen here...I went to the doctor to day for a check up and confessed to being a chocoholic and she said as long as it was dark chocolate it was OK.
@Lakota12 (42684)
well then goo dI posted this dont ya know I am phyic lololol not!
@mummymo (23707)
might have guessed there would be a down side! not to worry I only like dark chocolate if its in After Eights anyway! lol xxx
@Lakota12 (42684)
I can eat it anytime but just a little bit at a time
@lightningMD (5932)
any little bit of good news on chocolate is great..i'm learning to eat dark chocolate but i prefer milk chocolate...
@flowerchilde (12518)
This is good news! For millions of chocolate lovers everywhere.. I'm not much for desserts, but when I do have a small dessert, I will be sure to remember this! :))