What is the strangest thing that has ever been in your house?

A stray cat had snuck into my house one night and I got up in the middle of the night to find it and I thought is was my cat. And was shocked to find him in there, needlessless to say, he has become a permanent fixture around here.
@blackbriar (9080)
Wow! Guess the stray cat chose you and made himself at home..no ands ifs or buts. lol Glad you kept him, thou, for he chose wisely, my friend. :-) As for me finding anything strange..it happened 6yrs ago when we moved in. One of our cats brought a baby rabbit into the house w/o us knowing it. Found it snuggled up to the culprit(cat) one morning when I went to let them all out. Very much alive but very hungry. Poor thing didn't make it despite my attempts at feeding it. My cat was lost for a few days. Wouldn't you know it just had to be Lightning that took the lil creature under his paw.
@silkyt34 (324)
this didnt happen to me but my best friend called me because she had her door propped open and a woodp*cker flew into her house and she couldnt get it out... she had been trying to get it out for almost 4 hours when she called me i went over and she was sitting in the middle of her living room with her broom crying i was trying not to laugh but i finally managed to ask her why she was crying and she pointed to her wall.. the woodp*cker had started pecking her walls to pieces in every room... omg i was on the floor right beside her laughing sooo hard and she was crying.. it was too funny needless to say we finally got it out totally unharmed and she went and bought screen doors... sorry but mylot said that p*cker was a violation of terms so i hope you all know i am talking about a bird
@wachit14 (3600)
The very strangest thing was a spider monkey. The poor thing must have escaped from his cage and was just running through everyone's backyard looking for food because he was hungry. My mom had left the door open one day and he just grabbed onto it and came into the house. We couldn't keep him though because we had two cats that were not fond of him at all, but he lived all summer long in everyone's backyard and we fed him fresh fruit. Watermelon was his favorite. Finally, our mailman, who had grown very fond of him, took him home when the weather began to turn cold.
@ravinskye (8242)
well i couldn't decide so i'll tell you two. one time my mom went to go out into the kitchen and there was a 5ft black snake in the kitchen. we managed to get it out safely. the other time i was sleeping on the couch in the living room and i heard something in the kitchen, i went out to see a ground hog coming out from under the sink! our house didn't have a basement or anything under and and when they ran the pipes for the sink they left a pretty big gap around the pipes so you could see the ground if you looked under the sink. that is how both ended up in the kitchen lol.
@TriciaW (2441)
Years ago I was standing in my kitchen talking on the phone and I looked down to see these thing looking back up at me. I screamed, hung up the phone and ran into the bedroom. I was jumping up and down on the bed telling my husband it is a mouse a rat or something get it!! He grabbed a little box and I yelled no that is too small it is bigger then that. Being the brave man he walked out of the room with box in tow as I remained standing on the bed. I waited and heard nothing. I was sure it had gotten him. I ran really fast to the living room and jumped up on the sofa. I could not see him or that thing. I then heard laughter in the hallway of the apartment building and recognized my husband's laugh. I ran to the door to find him and our neighbor in the hall laughing. They informed me that the mean awful creature was someone's pet hamster. Well it looked big from where I was standing it really did!
@sunshine4 (8709)
I had a bat in my house one summer. It totally freaked me out! My husband got it out only for it to return the next evening. We couldn't get rid of it. Then come to find out, there were bats getting into the cathedral ceiling of our house. We moved shortly after that.
@Gumball (793)
Well, where I used to live we had birds occasionally fly in the house but the really mean ones that got in were the voles. They look like black mice but were a lot more viscious and harder to catch. We found out the backyard was infested with them, vole holes dug all over the place. Finally got the guy that mowed my yard to take a look and he told me it was voles. He poured some poisoned peanuts down the holes and got rid of all of them in less than a week.
@kelly60 (4548)
One time a chipmonk somehow got into our house. He sat in the hallway near the door and looked at us. He was the cutest thing, but unfortunately every time we made a move he went and hid. It took us over a week to get him out of the house because we could never get past him to open the door to let him out.