Cats and Teenagers

@Katlady2 (9920)
Hi all. I just found this on one of the many joke sites that I haunt. Hope it gives you a good laugh for the day. For all of you with teenagers or who have had teenagers, or are a teenager, you may want to know why they really have a lot in common with cats: 1. Neither teenagers nor cats turn their heads when you call them by name. 2. No matter what you do for them, it is not enough. Indeed, all humane efforts are barely adequate to compensate for the privilege of waiting on them hand and foot. 3. You rarely see a cat walking outside of the house with an adult human being, and it can be safely said that no teenager in his or her right mind wants to be seen in public with his or her parents. 4. Even if you tell jokes as well as Jay Leno, neither your cat nor your teen will ever crack a smile. 5. No cat or teenager shares you taste in music. 6. Cats and teenagers can lie on the living-room sofa for hours on end without moving, barely breathing. 7. Cats have nine lives. Teenagers carry on as if they did. 8. Cats and teenagers yawn in exactly the same manner, communicating that ultimate human ecstasy -- a sense of complete and utter boredom. 9. Cats and teenagers do not improve anyone's furniture. 10. Cats that are free to roam outside sometimes have been known to return in the middle of the night to deposit a dead animal in your bedroom. Teenagers are not above that sort of behavior. Thus, if you must raise teenagers, the best sources of advice are not other parents, but veterinarians. It is also a good idea to keep a guidebook on cats at hand at all times. And remember, above all else, put out the food and do not make any sudden moves in their direction. When they make up their minds, they will finally come to you for some affection and comfort, and it will be a triumphant moment for all concerned.
@weemam (13377)
theres one thing cars do better and that is leave their dishes clean , mine used to just get up from the table and expect them to wash themselves ( i meant my teenagers lol , I love cats but I am alergic to cats and dogs now, xx
@Katlady2 (9920)
ROFL! I don't know.....I have a couple of cats that aren't the best mannered in my house. LOL
@weemam (13377)
Thanks for the best response like the lazy cat but still liked the smile xx
@brendalee (6083)
I have never thought to compare the two but after looking at your joke, it seems more like the truth instead of a joke. I have both, cats and a teenager in my house, so I can definately relate to this.
@Katlady2 (9920)
Yep...same here. It's hard to tell who is more snooty...the cats or my daughter! LOL
@ElicBxn (60895)
That is too cool!!! Thanks, I've had to share it with my friends!
@Katlady2 (9920)
Thanks hon. I hope they got a giggle out of it too.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh Kat this is the first laugh I have had in 2 Days and has actually snapped me a bit out of the way I feel and have been feeling lol Thank you Sweet for this Love and Hugs to you
@Katlady2 (9920)
Awwww....I'm glad I was able to lift you up some. I hope you're feeling a bit better. Love and hugs.
It is really funny. Thank you.
@Katlady2 (9920)
Thanks hon. Glad you liked it.
@cowgirl2701 (2081)
How funny. They really are a lot a like. LOL..
@Katlady2 (9920)
LOL! I sat and thought about my kids, and it's all very true. Thanks hon.