what miles davis do you like the most?

@missak (3311)
Spain
the be-bopper? the free-jazzist? the hard-rocker? the funky-man? the hip hopper?
• Finland
All of his work with Coltrane is pure magic. Kind of Blue obviously but others as well. To be honest I was never a huge fan of his fusion and later year material, though admittedly I haven't really listened to it that much so perhaps I should revisit it before I make such judgments. In a Silent Way is great, but everything thereafter I'm not too thrilled about.
@missak (3311)
• Spain
I know what you mean. But for Coltrane, I preffer what he has done after leaving Miles Davis. My favourite time is perhaps the Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Tony Williams and Ron Carter, althought I like the others also. What about the classical musicman Miles, in the Gil Evans' time?
I have to agree that what he did with Coltrane was beautiful indeed; but like in all collaborations, they move on. Sometimes like in the case of Duke Ellington and his pianist Billy Strayhorn, they stay together, but for most, they move on.
@Idlewild (6105)
I don't know much about styles and their names, but my favorite LPs (yes, I have them on old vinyl) are Kind of Blue and Sketches of Spain. I like some of the later stuff too, some of B!tch's Brew for example.
@missak (3311)
• Spain
This is great!! Having those on vinyl is a real museum treasure!
@Savvynlady (3686)
Interesting question; I really like him when as a be bopper myself; when he went into fusion(and some may say he helped created it), I kind of liked him but couldn't get into it as much.
@missak (3311)
• Spain
I know what you mean. It is the same as for the post above. The "fusion" idea is a bit limiting, isn't it?