Why do you Write?

@Hart57 (359)
Gloria Steinam once said, "Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else." Do you feel the same? Is writing sometimes a struggle for you? What motivates you to write?
@xParanoiax (6998)
I agree with Steinam, and the poster before me. It's as necessary as breathing for me. Sometimes it's hard, but most of the time it comes so..naturally? I think that's the word I want. Like walking, or running. Motivation wise..it's a form of expression -- I can express an emotion the best with the written words. I also adore creating things, using what I know and what I'm told I have a talent for. It's a wonderful feeling..plus, I like giving people something they enjoy. Whether it creeps them out, makes them cry, remember something..they like to read my things because of whatever feeling they get from it, that I expressed. They..need it maybe? Enjoy it. I dunno heh ^_^
@AnythngArt (3304)
I actually find writing difficult, but I love to read and admire writers (especially good writers) so much that I really would like to do the same, create a work that could last forever. That's pretty big thinking, but hey, everyone needs a dream. Mine is to write the "Great American Novel." Unlike what others have said, however, I do not find it natural or easy. When I create something I like, however, it's a really wonderful feeling, almost a "high."
@k1tten (2321)
What motivates me to write is boredom. An odd way to write huh. lol. Sometimes though I just don't know where my inspiration cames from.
@Transformed (1262)
My motivation comes from wanting to educate and entertain others. Writing is a struggle when I write aimlessly, but most of the works I do have a realistic tone and dynamic to them.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I'm with AnythingArt. I am finding it hard to write. Something I always dreamed of doing but am finding it harder than I thought. Writing prompts help, when I have the time. I guess it is just because I am in the process of editing that makes it hard to find time and motivation to write something else. I want to finish something I've started before starting something else. But I have managed to slip in some short stories during my downtime. Distraction from the internet is NOT helpful.