What do wish for...

We all go through a lot of ups and downs in life. Some people experience a lot more than others. Some of these experiences are life changing. What is something you have gone through that you wish everyone in the world could experience at least once? What kind of difference did it make in your life? Did it change your outlook on things?
@creematee (2810)
Wow! This is a great subject! I hope that you receive a lot of responses for this one. :) My wish is that everyone experience what is like to be poor--dirt poor. I don't wish them to be poor, just understand what it is like. I've been there, done that. I think it has given me a more compassionite feeling toward my fellow man. I know how it feels to save just to be able to buy a gallon of milk for my children. It bothers me that there are people in the world that don't have a clue to how much a gallon of milk even costs nowadays! That's my wish.
@creematee (2810)
You didn't mention your wish. What would you wish for?
Ooops, you're right. I think I got too caught up feeling like I had a good subject that I forgot to post my answer. So thank you for asking! First off, I really like your response. I know we all get caught up in life and take a lot for granted. It's usually just a little phase. But many people never grow out of it. So I think that's a very good wish. My wish would be that everyone experiences what it's like to give up many of the things we take for granted(just for a few days). It's similar to yours but at the same time very different. My example. I've been traveling with my mom for years and years now. When I was around 16 or so we spent a week in the "country" in Mexico at my mom's friend's bed and breakfast. (Now this was not the first time I had been there but it was the first time I was able to have some of these experiences.) They didn't always have running water to the village. We were lucky to even have electricity. She had a full house and we needed to wash the sheets and towels and so forth. We actually went to a river a few miles away to wash bins worth of clothes. No fancy washing machines. Just standing in the river along with all of the natives washing clothes. It was such an eye opening experience for me. And to thing, that people all over the world don't have the "luxeries" that we do. No running water, washing clothes and bathing a in river or barely haveing electricity.
@creematee (2810)
That is a fantastic wish! It would be nice for people to know how things could be if technology didn't have it's hand in things.
I tried and tried to think of an answer for this one... The only real life changing event that happened to me thus far is my Dad dying when I was 16. But I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go such a thing still as a child/young adult. I'd always been responible and quite mature for my age, but that event turned my life around and quickly. I grew up quickly and had to take on it seems an adult role with my Mom. Which is strange.
@creematee (2810)
I'm sorry that you had to go through that ordeal at such a young age. My heart goes out to you.
Yeah that's definitely rough and I'm sorry you lost your dad when you were at such a vulnerable age. I really do feel that losing someone we love, as hard as it is, makes us stronger. It never gets easier to lose someone but it adds to who we are. Thanks for answering hun!
@xnipher (544)
I wish for me for the future to finish my studies.. to be a army and pilot and to migrate to UK (that i am currently working for it ryt now)....
Well I hope that wish comes true for you. But it didn't answer my question. thanks anyway.