Deodorant....What kind.....

deodorant - a woman applying deodorant to her underarms.
What kind of deodorant do you use? Do you use a spray...a roll on...a solid stick...a gell type...or something eles all together? Do you tend to stick to one brand or do you like to try different brands to see how well they work?
@misheleen73 (6037)
I am about to make you giggle. I use my husband's Gillette Cool Wave gel. I know it's for men and it smells like a man, but I love it. I have bad reactions as I have sensitive skin, and this just does not do that to me. I tried Avon, natural types, everything. This works all day and doesn't leave marks as long as you don't glob it on..lol. So I walk around smelling like a man under my arms..lol.
That's what my son wears. It smells really good. I don't really like gels myself, they make me feel wet.
I always go for solid deodorant, usually the ones that dry clear. I like Lady Speed Stick's Orchird Blossom scent, it keeps me smelling fresh and clean all day long. I have tried Degree, but it made my underarms hurt! I have never experienced anything like that before, I think I might have had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. Other than that I have tried other's like Dove's and Sure deodorant, but I always go back to the Lady Speed Stick in the same scent!LOL!
I'm using the Degree solid right now, I bought it for the first time, had a coupon and thought I'd give it a try. So far I don't like it cause it says....invisible....well it certainly is not. It goes on white and you get those yucky white marks on your shirt.
@zeloguy (4913)
It actually depends on the situation. On a 'normal' day I will use a deodorant not an anti-persperant. If I know I am going somewhere where I absolutely cannot sweat or somewhere where I know I am going to be hot or in a stressful situation then I will switch. As for brands, they are all the same (active ingredient)and I go for whatever is the least expensive but usually like an Old Spice solid, no sprays.
@lightningMD (5932)
I use Dry Idea unscented gel.I am very allergic to deodorants and this is the one i have found that i can use without breaking out in a rash.I still have to skip a day or so after shaving my underarms though.I have tried lots of hypo-allergenic brands but this is best for me so far.
@jojogirl (289)
i'm not so comfortable with the stick type of deodorants. i still prefer roll on. i've been using nivea roll-on for quite some time now and i'm happy with the result.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I use a roll on and the brand "Dove"
it has to be spray, it contains the most and works the best, i have never heard of a gel type of deodorant.