Can you trust a person that doesn't look you in the eye?

@kynni204 (2031)
My mom has always said that if a person cannot look you in the eye when they are talking to you "they are up to no good!" Do you think that people who don't look you in the eye are liars? I personally have a bad habit of sometimes looking away when I talk out of habit. I think it is shyness. ( Some people are so ugly I have to look away) JUST KIDDING!! What do you think this trait is a sign of?
@whywiki (6070)
I was shy when I was younger and often couldn't look someone in the eye. Now I use it as a power trip when negotiating things. I don't see it as a bad sign in shy people but when talking to an adult I often don't trust them if they refuse to look me in the eye. I also think that truly evil people have evil eyes. If you look at just the eyes of serial killers and terrorists they usually have really evil eyes. I think eyes are the window to your soul.
@kynni204 (2031)
terrorists do have this evil look in their eyes. You don't feel comfortable looking st them
@34momma (13918)
i think that i am not very comfortable with talking to people who don't look at you. but as you said there are some shy people or people who have issues and don't understand the importance of looking at people when you speak to them. I tell my boys are all the time look people right in the eye when you speak to them and when they are talking to you. no only is it a sign of respect but when you do you are really hearing what they are saying. unless you are looking at great big pimple they may have. LOL
@kynni204 (2031)
Good point!
@bad1981 (799)
Yes, I dont look people in the eye because of an experience i have had.
@zing_i (269)
No I guess a person never looks in to our eyes when he is hiding something and its always good to make sure about what he is saying and why is he in this situation.