Do You Like Thunderstorms?

@1grnthmb (2063)
We are having a thunderstorm right now. I think they are awesome. I grew up out in the dessert and we would have summer thunderstorms that were spetacular to watch we would sit in the garage and watch the light show. We do not have the amazing light shows here where we live now and I miss watching nature in its glory.
I remember the desert ones. I think they are by far the best ones. I currently have a lightning screensaver which is cool. I think perhaps the best one I could imagine is watching one come up over the ocean, with the lightning hitting the horizon....
@1grnthmb (2063)
That would be so cool to see the thunder storm over the acean. I lived in Morro Bay for seven years and even though it was on the coast I do not remember them having any thunderstorms over the ocean. That would just be an awesome sight. Where did you get a lightning screen saver. That would be cool.
I got it from screensaver.com
@judyt00 (3504)
I love thunder storms. I grew up in Ontario Canada, and they have somespectacular ones, but nothing like here in Calgry. I think storms are enhanced by being over the central plains. They seem to draw energy from thousands of miles around
@1grnthmb (2063)
My wife is from Ohio and she said they had so really great ones there. Like you said it is from the clash of cold and warm fronts over the plains. But I am told that florida is the best place for them.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Nope I hate them and I am scared of them lol The reason for that is I stood underneath a Tree when I was little that got struck by lightening so I will hide when it starts When I was little I would go under the Coffee Table with the Dog lol but now I don't fit under it and Gissi is not scared of the Thunder he just barks at it lol
@RosieS57 (889)
Florida does have the most thunderstorms and it's a good thing I like them. Just about every time I'm on the phone with a pal from Minnesota she can hear thunder rolling in the background and I blame it on her. Florida has fronts that move overland from the Gulf of Mexico and opposing ones coming in off the Atlantic Ocean, so the clash when they meet has caused many a storm. But I live in the county that has been the driest in our recent drought -- so much so that the Big Lake: Lake Okeechobee, is still 9 feet lower than it should be. Hopefully we'll get enough T-storms to reverse that, soon.
@brothertuck (1257)
I always loved thunder and lightening storms. Yesterday I was on the road, so the rain was a disturbance, but the lightenning flashes were cool.
@kathy77 (7488)
Oh dear I hate thunderstorms, oh some of them are spectacular to watch but I really hate them I hate the lightening and am very frightened of it especially as it killed one of my best friends that I grew up with.
@mjsdls (1840)
I love thunderstorms to. When I was a child when a storm came. I would grab a blanket and curled up in the corner and go to sleep. Very calming. I love them.