Do you hate it when there is hair in your food!

@fawcey (928)
Australia
I hate it when you by take out or your eating out and you go to dig in only to notice a huge ugly hair sticking to part of your 'was nice but no longer want it' food! This is something I really can't handle. I feel sick and can no longer enjoy what I was going to eat.
@aweins (4203)
I hate it like anything. i feel sick the whole day and cant eat anything. when ever i think of that , it gives me such an ugly feeling that i cant even stand the situation. i really go on for a fast that day, willingly or un-willingly, whatever.
@fawcey (928)
I am with you there aweins. I am totally put off food after such an incedent. It gives me a feeling that sends shivers down my spine and a heavy feeling in my stomache. It's like you can't stop thinking of it and the food no longer has that same appeal.
@Modestah (11192)
I have also had such occasions to receive a metal paper clip and a beetle in my salads ordered out. augh, so gross. I am not a big fan of restaurants anymore.
@fawcey (928)
No wonder you are put off eating out. It is bad enogh finding hair little own a living creature like a bug!! I feel quite grossed out right now. At least you noticed the bug and didn't find only half a bug!!!
@Modestah (11192)
oh, that so grosses me out!!!! and I am frequently the recipient of stray hairs in my ordered food. At home I make sure to keep my hair clipped up, and sometimes even put a scarf over it to keep the stray hairs from getting into whatever I am cooking. Why do the food service workers not all wear hair nets? that really really bugs me. When I was a child and would complain that I had a piece of hair in my food (mom's hair) my father would say something sarcastic like, "shhhh don't say anything, everyone else will want one too"
@fawcey (928)
I use to get told the same sarcastic thing in my house as a kid. I felt like saying well don't worry they can have this one! I think people that prepare food as a living should be have to wear hair nets, at the very least for hygine purposes and so we don't have to keep getting grossed out!!
eew.. i do hate it..if it was take out,i wouldn't eat it either.if it's at home,where i at least know who it came from,it doesn't bother me as much,but it's still gross.
@fawcey (928)
I agree if you don't know where it came from is worse than if you find one in something you cooked yourself, but only just. Bits of hair no matter who's in food just makes me feel ill. It is definitley gross!
@igloo85 (150)
I admire the girl's long hair but except when the hair has fallen or even fallen in the food that i am eating. It makes me disguste. How delicious is the food, I can not eat any more yet.
@fawcey (928)
It does make it hard to eat what is left I agree totally. A long hair is worse, you go to pull it out of your food and it is wrapped though everything and seems to take forever to get out of your food, like it's never ending.
@James72 (26829)
I don't like it if there is anything whatsoever in my food that shouldn't be there! I especially dislike it if I find a hair in a solid food item like a sweet or a biscuit because it means that it wasn't accidentally dropped in there but cooked inside it! There is a saying that there is a much worse thing than finding a worm in your salad; and that is finding half a worm! I definitely agree that finding a foreign object in your food can leave an unsettling feeling in your stomach and can ruin the whole meal.
@fawcey (928)
I hate finding it inside a biscuit too for the same reason, I can not help think about what else good be in there if I find a hair. I think I would faint if I found half a worm in anything I was eating!!! I once found a rock in a tin of kidney beans when I tipped them out. I am glad I didn't bite on that!
@vesuvius (1677)
Yes I do hate it when I see hair strands on any food that I eat. I just have this thinking the hair strands are greatly exposed to environmental dirt - dust, sweat, dandruff and all that. If such a thing drops on the food, there's a great chance that we ingest the dirt...
@fawcey (928)
I hate to think about it, I hate when you see people that are suppose to be the ones cooking the food and they look like they need a good wash. I have walked out of a place without ordering anything when I saw a certain person who was the cook, the thought that they would be breathing and touching it made my no longer feel hungry.
@sallyxu126 (1185)
me too. It is a terrible thing that I can't stand~~~ And I also could not stand other thing in food ,too . I was have this experience : have a fly in my food, I cant' eat anything that day.
@fawcey (928)
I agree that other stuff puts me off to, definetly a fly in my food would do it!