Can information from Mylot discussions be plagiarized?

Maybe I should rephrase the question about intellectual integrity. What I am trying to ask is if a student knowingly asks a homework or an essay question on Mylot, and then uses the information from the response(s), is the student obligated to list Mylot and/or the Mylot user as a source of information for his or her paper or homework assignment? I ask because I notice many question that pertain to subject matter like a time period. Whatever the subject I think the student asking the question should be honest about it. I am curious as to the rules on this, because of the easy access of information these days. What do you think? Student or not, I'd like to hear your response. Thank you in advance. (Don't worry, this isn't an essay question for me, I graduated a few months ago.)
The internet is a place where a great deal of information is available and it is quite common to see students getting tempted to 'cut and paste' for their assignments and projects, though this is not the way it is supposed to be. Students ought to be encouraged to research material that is online and create their own assignment out of it, preferably by writing in their own words. Even so, it is a must to acknowledge one's sources. This is basic courtesy. If a student uses mylot discussions to fuel his assignment, he ought to give due credit to mylot. He should not claim credit where it is not due to him.
I think my question is being misunderstood, for I know the basic rules of academic integrity. What I am trying to ask is more about Mylot's rules specifically. I know it sounds silly, but it just makes me cautious to answer questions here at Mylot.
Thank you for the clarification. Why do people automatically think if you ask a question about plagiarism that it means a person will plagiarize? I am an honest person and student. If a person take my question out of context, then that is his perogative. I think it is a good question, for the Mylot community is fairly new, so I also think it is something to look at. I am relieved at least one person does not jump to conclusions and understands what I am asking. Thank you.
@nrnotrare (631)
Hello towongfoo27.... Plagerism is defined as using someone elses writing as your own, without giving credit to the source. It is stealing, plain and simple, no matter where the material comes from. Tom
What I am trying to ask is how do sites like Mylot keep an "eye" on it? I am more curious about damage control.
Hello towongfoo..... It is not mylots responsibility to protect what is written. Just as it is not National Geographics, or Science News, or any other publication. It is up to individuals to live honestly. Tom
@gabs8513 (48764)
To be honest I really don't know because I mean the Kids now use the Internet to help with Homework so really all they have to say is that they got it of the Internet
I just think it is too easy for kids to pass with flying colors, because they don't have to give as much effort with the Internet around.
@1grnthmb (2063)
In thier guide lines is says that you must credit where you surce of the information when using material with a copy write. Therefore you must say where you got the information and not claim it as an original idea.
Thank you for the info.