Looking for a new job?

@chetlog (624)
I am glad to say that I'll be starting my new job the first week of May and I would like to thank everyone who supported me while I was still looking for work. My question is : Would you tell your boss that you are looking for a better job while still working for the company? I did this and sad to say it didn't work out the way I was expecting it too. Nothing nasty, just some misunderstanding. At least I was totally honest on my part.
@dcroome2005 (1211)
I think you did the right thing. I have done it before. Unfortuntely, most of the time, they will fire you right on the spot instead of keeping you because they feel you won't still put your 100% effort into the job anymore. Congrats on finding a new job though. Hope you are happier there.
@chetlog (624)
I am very much happier now. Aside from the pay being better, I have a very postive feeling about the company which puts its people's welfare on top of its priorities! I think I found the company where I am willing to work even on weekends if needed because of the kindness they've shown me so far. Thank you very much.
@roniroxas (10576)
well for me i will not tell my boss that i am looking for a better job than what i have currently (coz all people do that look for a better job). coz maybe in your part you are just being honest but in his part he suddenly hates you for being so honest. he is paying then you will tell him that you want to find a better job. that is so hurting. specially when the relationship of you and your boss is somehow like buddies. maybe you can be honest when the right time comes... like when you really got the better job that you are looking for.