excessive hair, what do you do about it.

@winterose (39931)
I suffer from excessive hair for a woman, I have had that problem since first went on the pill in my 20's. In my case it can only be treated perscription medication and when I tried it it had no real effect upon me. How do you rid yourself of excess hair, leave it grow shave wax pluck electrolysis? what is your most problem area and are you okay with it or feel embarrased about it?
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
I have excessive amounts of hair. I have alot of facial hair and on my chin I have tried plucking,waxing even burning it off, and have now started just shaving it off because it is alot of hair. I am so hairy i is embarassing nothing I have tried has worked and my sister in law who has the same problem told me she shaves it off her face as well as her underarms and legs I refuse to shave the peach fuzz i have on my chest and belly though. If peach fuzz was ll i had on my face I would have left it alone but it was long coarse hair it is very hard to get cozy with your man when you have more hair then he does..lol I do have a hormonal problem and have Poly cystic ovary and that makes my hormones all messed up.. My mom even bought me a Tweeze with hair inhibiitor gel but it didn't really work it just plucked out my hair then left acne were the hair folicle would get infected even tough I used all kinds of cleansers. Found out I am allergic to the gel cause it has soy in it which I am allleric too.Well, I hope if you find something that works you'll let us in on the secret..lol
@winterose (39931)
if I find something I certainly will.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I sometimes try to pluck the hair out but more often than not I give up and figure that's how God made me, beautiful! I say let women be all-natural, since everything is about nature today anyways. Then let the guys be the pretty boys or metro-sexuals if they want. I hear some guys even get "waxes." I figure if people do not like my sexy peach fuzz, then they don't really "see" me anyways. Maybe I will braid the peach fuzz for the rude onlookers.
@winterose (39931)
so funny
@gabs8513 (48803)
I shave and my biggest Problem Area is my Legs lol but it never gets a chance to grow
yes I have excessive facial hair , eye brows and a mustache.It is hereditary and it got worse when I started gaining weight. I didn't do anything with it for a long time. Then I found out how cheaply I can get it waxed at my hair dressers. So I try to get that done as often as I can. I tried electrolysis a couple times, it was far too painful so I gave up .
@ZenDove (698)
I cannot abide excess hair. If I wouldn't look like a freak from a Dr. Seuss book, I'd remove all the hair from my body except for on my head! Instead, I settle for waxing and threading. Have you ever tried threading? It's really kewl. I've only found it available in certain Korean or Egyptian nail or hair salons. It's amazing to watch and absolutely painless. I'm not able to use electrolysis because it will scar people of color and laser is expensive and might scar as well. I don't go in for the "au naturale", primitive, masculine look of body hair on women. I will pluck it, shave it, wax it, thread it, pull it out with my fingers! It's not feminine to me, it doesn't make me feel sexy about myself and I'm not attracted to men who find it sexy. It attracts bacteria and odor - some people find that sexy, I do not.
@Grandmaof2 (7604)
I am not at all a hairy woman but yet I do get facial hair on my upper lip, and yes I am embarrased by it. I get it waxed. I refuse to shave it I had an elderly friend who shaved and Carol you have to believe me she ended up with wiskers like my husband. This is not for me. I have only ever shaved my legs maybe twice and I never shave under my arms and you have a hard time to find hair, why do I need it on my lip ? Yes I know hormones, but that's no excuse LOL
I can relate to your situation. I too have an excessive hair grow on my upper lip since i am taking pills for about 2 yrs now. I usually get it plucked while i get my eyebrows done. Sometimes i get bleach done that way it get mixed up with the color of my skin.