Spring Storms in Texas...

Tornados in Texas - Frequent tornados
AHHH! How I love Spring time in Texas! LOL Here in north Texas (aka Tornado Alley) we have storms a lot in the Spring. Today is no exception. It's just wierd because it's only 60 degrees today. I don't remember having tornadoes in 60 degree weather before. LOL Anyhow, storms are coming! They should be here where I live within an hour so I got out my candles and the flashlights just in case! Anybody else live in an area that gets frequent hurricanes, tornadoes, etc? I have lived with this my whole life so I don't even get scared any more, I just get prepared. What about you? Do you have some sort of kit ready to grab if you need to get in a shelter?
@villageanne (8555)
Here is West Virginia, it is still terribly cold. It has been snowing but thank goodness it is giving us a break today from the snow. It is windy and cold though. I hate the cold. I just want to be warm. Bring on those 80 degree temperatures. LOL Yes, we have kits in our home and in all our vehicles.
Thanks for Best Response
@blazin (175)
I love Texas period. Although I live way out in West Texas I've actually been through a tornado. I used to live in Sweetwater and we had one over 15 years ago. Hit my grandmothers house and destroyed it. Fortunately she was fine. Texas is a great state. I only wish I lived more in central/east texas. Anyway I like how the storms roll in. Cloudy stormy weather is very cool as long as nobody gets hurt.
I am the same. I love Texas...born and raised here! I love storms and watching them come in...I love the sound of the thunder and the rain and the lightning can be beautiful! I just get prepared. I have the kids' blankets and some snacks and candles sitting by the door in case we need them when we go downstairs to the downstairs bathroom. My satellite just went off, though. So, not sure what's going on right now. :)
Yes I live in a hurrican area. Every year the same warnings but I have only evacuated once for Hugo as it was mandatory so I really prefer to stick it out. I have candles, oil lamps etc. etc.