rising gas prices

@ravinskye (8242)
do you think the rise in gas prices will affect your summer vacation plans?
@palonghorn (5486)
No not really. You just get more creative, look for things that are closer to you. And if possible share the expense, my daughter and I are both planning a trip to Texas for my youngest daughter's graduation. I live in PA and she lives in Virginia, so I'm driving to her house, and then we are taking her car to Texas, and splitting the gas expense. And my youngest is coming back with us to visit, and she is going to pitch in with the expenses as well, So we still get to travel and the cost won't be effected that much. Another way to cut cost is to camp out, we took a trip to Virginia beach, stayed at the KOA campgrounds, it was great. The gas expense for that trip wasn't that bad since we traveled on the motorcycle. But there is always things to do around your area that maybe you haven't really thought about. So here is to summer fun and exploring new possiblities.
@ravinskye (8242)
you're right. we'll be looking for stuff to do around here also. i'll be 7-9 months pregnant the first part of the summer so we won't be able to go far anyway. have a nice summer :)
@martinha (631)
• Portugal
No, I always go to the same place and it's not far away from where I live. Of course I'll have to pay more to get there but the different is not significant to stop going there. If I had to travel a long time by car I would suffer and even travelling by plane prices increase because they have more costs with gas. I believe some people will choose other places to go, but I won't.
@lightningMD (5932)
Gas went uo to 2.80 a gallon today in our part of PA. The rising prices are effecting our day to day living. We keep having to cut money from somewhere else to keep gas in the truck for my husband to get to work.There is no vacation plans for us this summer. Luckily we live close to a really nice lake that we can go to for free.
@ravinskye (8242)
we're in pa too and thats what our gas is at. so sad.
@jchampany (1131)
Definitely, they are becoming completely ridiculous. I am in souther california and gas is at $3.17/gal. It's not even summer yet. I can't imagine what it will be like in the summer. This was the price of gas last summer. It went down a bit for a while and then right back up. I might not be able to afford to drive to work at this rate.