i have a tiny problem..

with my yahoo messenger emoticons. I was using v7.0 and my emoticons "animation" stopped working. I uninstalled v7.0 and did a fresh install of v8.0 and same problem as before. The person I'm sending the emoticon to can see them with the "animation" if it exists (ie, rolling on the floor laughing) but all i can see is an empty box! My emoticons are enabled/checked in Preferences, so what is the problem? I need suggestions about this since i have done deleting the old version and upgraded to the new one, then what's the problem that it still does not work?
@sensesfail (2251)
Check if your flash player is working fine or else try installing your flash player.It usually doesn't take much time. Also check if your windows media player is alright cuz i had a problem with my media player before and that prevented me from seeing animations.Hope you get this fixed.
after checking that and installing you got your animations fixed? well i gotta try it too! thanks for that!
anytime..
I am very familiar with that problem, because I used to own a cybercafe and I have had to face that problem a few times and I tried all things I could - like uninstalling yahoo and installing it again, checking all preferences, seeing if anything was wrong with windows extensions (Through files in folder options). A couple of times it worked when I changed the extension of bmp files and retyped it again. But it didn't work always. The problem has got to do with windows system files and settings and not only yahoo messenger. Because when the same computers were formatted and windows was reinstalled, the problem went away.
is that so? then I need to try that one..
@crackhead (1826)
I guess there should be a problem in your computer, the scripts running on yahoo messenger or may be the scripts running on the system.
thanks for the opinion my friend..
@oldboy46 (2132)
It could be a problem with your computer itself rather than anything else ... see that elsewhere you have made a comment about having AVG installed. The thing is that you do need to update it regularly as there are new viruses being released all the time ... I check everyday to make sure that there are no updates due and most days there is something to be upgraded. So, check that one out. Also set it so that AVG starts automatically at the same time very day and it will also check for updates at the same time. Do you have AdAware and Spybot installed? We have both on our computer .. and run them both every day .. again they will always pick up something. Maybe not a serious threat ... generally low or maybe medium but still they are there on the computer and slowing your computer down.