Why is it when something goes wrong it's my fault.

@shoelover (1573)
Australia
Seems like whenever something happens in my home it's always my fault. This morning my hubby found our pup had attacked the trailer lead so he comes storming in and cracks a temper tantrum as if I told the pup to attack the lead. Grrr sometimes men drive me insane.
@twils2 (1821)
I'm sure he doesnt mean to be blameing you, he's probably just yelling at whoever may be around. And because you are the one around, you get the brunt of his temper. I would let him know that its nor your fault and to quit taking everything out on you. Take care!!
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou so much for your support and your advice it is appreciated.
@jbrooks0127 (2329)
I think you are taking too much responsibility for your husbands reactions to events. Men get mad at allot of things. Doesn't really have to make sense. however it is highly unlikely your husband would even remotely think it your fault for what your pup does. If he truly does you have a very immature man on your hands. Don't take thinks to heart. You are not at fault for everything. If fact you probably are not at fault for anything. Men just have to vent now and then and our wives are our safety valve. Who else can we complain to about what a dog does? I am always ranting about our dogs. They do there things around the house and it makes me mad so I rant a bit. I think my wife has gotten use to it. LOL Don't take on any responsibility for something not your fault. Just let him holler. He needs to say it and it makes no sense to just say it to himself.
@shoelover (1573)
I suppose I didn't think of it that way. Thankyou you've made me feel better.
@KissThis (3008)
My partner does the same thing. It isn't that he is blaming so much as he needs to let off steam. I use to get upset everytime he did this, now I just look at him like what would you like for me to do.
@shoelover (1573)
What a great idea thankyou.
You need to ask him to chill down a bit. It is not fair to blame you for everything. You are probably too nice or too much a pushover. :P
@shoelover (1573)
It could be that I just let him rant away and when he's done I know he feels better so life is easier again.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Well it must be a Man thing as my Ex Husband was just as bad They never look at it that it could have been their fault, nope it is always our Fault no matter what Even when the Car brakes down and they are driving it, you are not with them it is your Fault.
@shoelover (1573)
That's true Gabs. I honestly think they just need to vent and we are the ones to vent to.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
It sounds like he isn't really blaming you, you just are getting the blunt end of his frustrations. My husband comes in yelling at me when the cars quit working right. I think it is more just "one more thing to add to his list."
@shoelover (1573)
That's true thoroughrob. I guess when he does it though I just feel bad because I'm the one getting yelled at.