Are vampires inherently sexy?

@Script (592)
Australia
Having read the Anne Rice series over the years, I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are on vampires... Hollywood and books have a way of romanticizing vampires and making them 'sexy' characters. And part of vampires nature is to appear sexy in order to lure the unsuspecting (usually blond pretty girl) and 'bite' her! Any thoughts?
I love Ann Rice and anything to do with the horror genre(well the older stuff anyway) but i do not find anything remotely sexy about vampires.I cannot fathom what anyone thinks is sexy about someone breaking the skin,causing pain just to suck the blood out of someone.
@Ravenladyj (22940)
"I cannot fathom what anyone thinks is sexy about someone breaking the skin,causing pain just to suck the blood out of someone" I understand what you are saying and that whole thing is definately not for everyone but the Vampire thing aside, I most definately am into the whole inflicting pain scene ;-) thats a totally different topic though LOL
@Galena (9123)
oh, I love biting. it's rather nice.
@Galena (9123)
hmmmmm......yummy. in a rush this morning, posting so I can find it, but there's a lot of psychology behind it.
@Galena (9123)
okay, back again. first off, blood is something very intimate. 2nd. having someone dependant on you is part of it. people feel good to feel needed. if someone needed a very intimate part of you to live, that can bring out a very sympathetic and caring response in people. 3. vampires are quite a romantic figure. the idea that love really could be forever. 4. Penetration. there's not much more to read into that. 5. the neck is an erogonous zone for a lot of people. I'm more than keen for a neck or shoulder nibble. it feels nice. 6. excessive bleeding can cause feelings of euphoria. 7.a look at the animal kingdom will show that many animals will hold on with their teeth at the females neck while mating. 8. even when you don't think about it in great depth, well what can I say, I find vampires very sexy. I have a more than unhealthy thing for really smutty vampire books.
@Galena (9123)
thank you for best response.
@starr4all (2865)
I like reading and watching movies with the romanticized vampires in it. But I also like to read about the traditional mythological vampires that were anything but sexy, come hither, anne rice types. They were basically reanimated corpses that feed off of blood. Not really a pretty picture if you ask me.
@Script (592)
Very good point! The Anne Rice 'type' vampire is fictionalized and is definitely romanticized...
@Woodpigeon (3710)
I've read the Anne Rice books, too and I think they are written to be very sexy. There is also a very sensual aspect to them as well. Aren't they also supposed to have the mental ability to sort of throw a 'glamour' upon themselves to heighten their allure?
@Ravenladyj (22940)
I cant stand Anne Rice books but I love vamps LOL if you want to read some REALLY GOOD IMO vamp books pick up J.R Wards Blackdagger Brotherhood series! I believe the first in the series is Lover Awakened...they are AMAZING....and the vamps in her books are beyond sexy LOL