What a difference a day makes, when your connection is lost:-(

PC bash - Modern technology, great when it works
YAY I have my connection back again. The line went down Friday early evening, no internet and no phone. I never thought I would feel so completely alone and isolated but it felt awful not being able to contact anyone. We finally got the line and connection back this lunchtime, but it made me wonder just how much we rely on modern technology. What technology could you do without? Can you live without the television, the microwave oven, the internet? To all my friends, apologies for not responding since Friday,
I know how it feels I lost cable & computer for 2 days..but I did get my house sparkling clean and remembered how much used to enjoy reading.
LOL yes I did do a little bit of housework too
Oh, this is sickening. I understand how frustrated you must have felt... But I am glad for you that everything is back! I guess I can leave without them but life would be so unbearable!! :P
LOL Wizard, Daft really though, you don't think about how much you rely on things like phone lines until you lose them
@mummymo (23707)
I think of everything I would miss most it would have to be the internet! The phone comes a close second , followed by central heating and hot water! Now I am getting upset at the thought of no internet - I have to go before I start bluberring! lol xxx
Aw hun please don't cry - lol
@MsTickle (24993)
Gosh...how terrible for you hun. I'd be lost without mine as well. It's awful to even think about. I've been rudely told by some to "get a life" "you spend too much time on the computer" "you should be doing....(whatever they decide I should be doing). I have a million things to do around my home (give or take a few) but my time here is incredibly important...a hundred times more so since I joined Mylot. I could live without TV and the microwave easily. I think I could live without the internet for a while too, just a very little while, but I'd still sit here and play games. I'm just so addicted to my computer. Welcome back mate...hugs. LOL.
LOL yes I've had the "get a life" comments too. I didn't realise how much I relied on my internet, part of me thinks "how sad" while the other part of me goes "yay internet"
@MsTickle (24993)
LOL...you're a character. Thanks for best response.
@romel_ece (1290)
I think there would be a big difference if we missed a single day of connection on the web.Yes, in myLot when we missed a single day of posting we feel being isolated but if you spent that time with your family you will not feel that way again.
I never imagined I would feel so isolated just because of some technology :-)