Ironman Arizona

@tentwo67 (3384)
My brother competes in Ironman Triathlons and as I type this he has recently completed his swim and gotten the bike portion underway in Tempe, AZ, for Ironman Arizona. The intensity of these athletes is unbelievable. They put themselves through so much torture to train for and finish these ungodly races. 2.4 mi. swim • 112 mi. bike • 26.2 mi. run - can you imagine? I try to go to races when they are close enough to home for me to reasonably travel, and that doesn't yet qualify Arizona, but my heart is with him. Does anyone out there do Ironmans? Or know anyone who does? These athletes are a whole different kind of person in my opinion and I admire them greatly... but do not wish to join them!
@babyangie27 (5177)
You knwo I have heard of these and even seen a few on tv. I don't know anyone personaly that does it but i do have alot of respect for the people that do them. It takes alot of guts and alot of comittment to get ready for them. Your brother must be a great guy and i do hope he is safe while doing them.
@tentwo67 (3384)
It is absolutely incredible to watch these athletes go. It can be extremely emotional to watch them finish.
I agree I have seen how hard these people have worked to get to where they are and thank you for best response.