Do you think that honesty is the best policy?

@caribe (2465)
If you do, why? If you don't, why?
@gabi1203 (578)
i think it depends on the situation...I'm usually pretty honest but i would not hurt somebodies feelings.
@caribe (2465)
I also try to be very honest with people but I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings either. If it came to that, I probably would try to avoid answering a question that I know might hurts someones feelings. But it seems to me that honesty is getting more and more difficult to find.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
I have to admit that sometimes honesty can be a little difficult, especially where emotions are concerned.
Well I dont think you are honest! You hurt me!! LOL!! I am not being hypocrite!!! Look at my discussion and read on my responses! I speak what I think and this post shows!!! ok? why call me being hyprocrite? Obviously you didn't read the whole discussion! I apologize and didn't know that its ok! also if I asked the money making sites, that was a couple of days ago before I read fully their guidelines, and now I came to know that referral links posts are allowed as long as they relate to the topi!!! I am not a hypocrite!!! Look the way I write!!!! I am not hear acting like a saint you know! I don't believe YOU! when you said you don't try not to hurt anyone! You are a liar! you just hurt me!!!
yes it's a nice policy, but it depends on the situation, sometimes making lies can help, but it still a lie, anyway, i don't to hurt people, honestly speaking i do lie to my love one, because in the past few days, i'm doing something naughty, but i will tell my love one what have i done, i just need more courage.
@caribe (2465)
See, if you don't do something naughty, then you don't have to get courage to tell. So it is better not to do it at all if it is going to hurt your loved one, right?
@rmuxagirl (7568)
I always think you should be honest. You never know when a lie will come back and bite you on the a$$.
@caribe (2465)
Exactly. The lie will come back to haunt you.
@sunita64 (6474)
Yes I feel so because in order to hide one lie you have to tell another and this way things go on and on.
@ossie16d (11834)
Honesty - Honesty is the best policy
Yes honesty is definately the best policy, because if you are dishonest then sooner or later your dishonesty will be detected and then it will be worse. We used to tell our son that it was best to be honest if he had done something wrong, because when we found out he had lied, then he would be in worse trouble than if he had told us the truth in the first place. A dishonest person is also a liar, so they have to have an excellent memory, because sooner or later they will be found out. Have you heard the saying "honesty is the best policy", and it most certainly is. Of course I do not say anything to deliberately hurt someone but if for example someone asked me about an item that they had and if I didn't like it, it is easy to say "well, it's not my style" or "that would look fantastic on you if it was light blue". That is not being dishonest or lying but telling the truth and at the same time not offending the other person.
only if it don't hurt anyone
@sthacker (354)
yes , It is the right thing to do . One of the 10 comanmemts State Thou Shall not Lie.
@blueman (16516)
sometimes it is.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
Honesty is without doubt the best policy. Being dishonest can reap rewards and many people follishly believe that it is worthwhile, but the benfit of knowing that you are a honest person is far more rewarding.
@loca83 (89)
im always open and honest and sometimes that gets me in trouble but honesty is the best policy.