My son does the weirdest thing

@soccermom (3200)
When my 18 month old gets in his highchair to eat he almost always falls asleep! But then he wakes up a little bit later and just starts eating like he never was sleeping to begin with. It's the goofiest thing to watch, and my other two kids never did this. What goofy things did yiur kids do when they were little?
My eldest used to do that as well. It is so sweet. I bet he would not like to be reminded about it now though as he is 18 years old! It was so funny to watch him nodding and nodding and trying to fight it.
@soccermom (3200)
Mine doesn't even try to fight it! He just goes to sleep and then wakes up and starts eating like nothing happened! I should videotape it for Funniest Home Videos or something.
You could video it and show it at his 21st birthday party or at his wedding reception. They love to get embarrassed like that.
hahaha! That's funny. My son never did that. He's always too distracted to feel sleepy when he's in the high chair but I've seen other kids do it. Mine is a hyper active one and he gets into everything. He's 2 now and his latest thing is crawling into the crate with the dog and just sitting in there with her. Oh boy!!!!
@soccermom (3200)
My son spends so much time sitting in the dog crate you'd think we bought it for him! LOL I was starting to think he was wierd, glad to know mine isn't the only one that does this!
@Lakota12 (42684)
my daughter asked awhile back when her daughter would be climing out of crib and other things . Well she hasnt started that but she has climbed into high chair and playpen the other day she climbed in play pen and went to sleep while I was cooking and I couldnt find her she never wants to get in there when I want her to so hadnt thought to look there
I'll bet that is the cutest thing to watch. I know kids can fall asleep in their high chair after eating but I have never seen one do it before.
@jchampany (1131)
This weekend my daughter just started this, she takes her pants or shorts off then takes her diaper off and just runs arounf. My son also had this "want to be naked" thing going on when he was a toddler. I think now is the time for potty training. It is so funny though to watch her sit down and struggle with getting them off. lol.
@roniroxas (10576)
that is soooooooo cute. if i were there i would video that. wink wink
@moonmagick (1458)
Mine is only 8 months old, but he is a character. He has started doing this thing when he is mad about something. He presses his lips really tightly together and spits. It almost sounds like "blowing raspberries" I don't know where he got it, but it is the funnies thing, and when you laugh, it just makes him madder and he does even more. There is nothing more hilarious to me than seeing him stalk off in his walker like he is mad at the world. The flashing lights and giggling Elmo kind of take away from the drama of it all. He also pretends like he is choking or coughing when you tell him no. As far as the high chair goes, he seems to think it is a lounger, he kicks back and tries to put his feet up on the tray, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he started falling asleep in there too. Oh, and I almost forgot, my moms favorite thing. He uses his head for balance when he is standing up in the playpen. He pushes his head against the side and kind of walks his hands up the side until he is standing, it is hilarious.