ABC Shows Picked up for Fall 2007 Season

ABC gives the green light to 14 of its hit series for the 2007-2008 season. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Fans of "Grey's Anatomy," "Ugly Betty" and "Brothers & Sisters" are guaranteed another season of their favorite shows, because ABC announced early pickups today of 14 series. Also on the list are "Men in Trees," "The Bachelor," "Boston Legal," "Dancing with the Stars," "Desperate Housewives," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and "Lost." ABC Entertainment President STEPHEN McPHERSON made the announcement at the March Development Meeting in Los Angeles. These series join previously announced "America's Funniest Home Videos," "Supernanny" and "Wife Swap," which have also been renewed for the 2007-08 season. "We have had a strong year, with two of the season's breakout hits, 'Ugly Betty' and 'Brothers & Sisters,' and the solid performance of 'Men in Trees,'" said McPherson. "We are pleased that viewers have invested in these new favorites along with our other returning series. These shows provide us with a substantial foundation to make 07-08 our best schedule yet." You can read it here too - http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/non-reality-shows/62242-fall-2007-08-season.html
I am extremely happy to know that LOST is amongst the shows that will return. There has been so much talk about its ending lately. It is my favorite show.
@brokentia (10397)
I read in a magazine...I think it was Cosmo...they had pictured Jack as one of the sexist men on a TV series...and the caption said that next season, Jack is going to steal Freckles from Sawyer. LOL If you saw me now...I am dancing. LOL
@KissThis (3008)
We pretty much already knew that most of these shows would be returning. I would like to know about the shows that didn't get all the hype like these did.
@JashleyB (1441)
Glad for Lost! Was worried about it a little. Wish they'd answer my questions though!! lol.
@brokentia (10397)
Well this is really good news!!!! Networks have been dropping shows left and right like flies on a hot summer day! Glad to hear the Grey's Anatomy is going another season...I just started watching it this season and watched the Best Clips and am thinking I am going to have to go out and get it on DVD to catch up over the summer. LOL Men in Trees....I am looking forward to! Lost....I am glad it is still going but I can't help but wonder when everyone is finally going to get off the island! I really don't watch the rest of the stuff because I am not a big TV fan. So when I know they are not canceling the shows that I DO like...this is a big plus!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
@Fishmomma (7156)
No surprises on the green lighted shows, but the question will be what about the lower rated shows like What About Brian. Networks like to announce the easy to renew shows thinking we will all be happy that they have announced some shows that will be back. I would rather see a network announce the questionable rated shows, so I don't waste my time watching a show that ends with a lot of questions about the characters. How many times has a show ended with a big question mark or worse the show gets moved around so much that who knows what time it will be on next. The networks wonder why people won't give a show time to get an audience; however, look at one of the first words in the post "hit series".
@kgwat70 (13398)
I was happy to hear that they are renewing Dancing with the Stars and Extreme Makeover as I like those shows very much. I have only watched the other shows a few times at the most and was not interested but I know my friends will be happy that those other shows will be renewed. It sounds like ABC is doing well with its shows. I am sure they will be adding some new ones as well.