My 6 year old grandson is a sensitive little soul,

@judyt00 (3504)
And his 2 older cousins know this and are continually picking on and teasing him just to make him upset. He turned the tables on them the other day. He is learning to spell and read quite quickly, thanks to an excellent teacher. So it came as a big surprise to them while they were teasing him about being smaller and stupider, than they were, when he yelled at them "Yeah, well I know how to spell the Name you should have been called" we adults were upstairs and hadn't heard the preceeding words but heard that loud and clear. My daughter clicked on her intercom in time to hear "H-I-T-H-E-A-D" The 7 year old came running upstairs to tattle on him to find us all standing around the speaker listening to his older brother say "Now you're gonna be in trouble!" and laughing so hard we had tears. Needless to say, the two older ones admitted to teasing him.
@miamilady (4924)
That's a great story! My son has the same problem with his cousins and his older sister. I don't undertand why children have to be so cruel. I try to teach my daughter better, but I guess children want to side with the ones who have the upper hand. I've been struggling with this issue for years.
@sallyxu126 (1185)
so good a boy~~ He is smart . Maybe my English is not good to express my meanings,but this boy really let me feel supprised. He is excenllent
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I have a niece who is like this and she has had a really hard time fitting in. Although, her six other siblings will protect her from others, they give her such a hard time themselves. She is a little slow, but very kind hearted. She loves to play, but it does not take much to teasing and rejection to lead her to tears. Sometimes her inability to hold her own can be annoying. She has a sister that is two years younger than her, who rules her. She is smart has far as school goes, but in most situations she is lacking. For instance if we order food to be delivered to the house, everyone gets plenty to eat. The food is gone and you assume that everyone has eaten, but without fail, this niece always shows up as soon as everything is gone and starts crying because she didn't get any. I remember one time we were playing a very intricate video game that took three months to finish. We were so close to finishing the game, we had started buying refreshments for the victory party. We had all put our talents into completely this game. Then, one weekend I went to work, came back and we realized that this child had erased the entire game and we had to start all over again. I was so angry, because this had been a family effort and we were excited about finally seeing the end of the game. I like it though, when she get fed up and puts the other kids in their place, she does not do it often, but when she does, look out. she is a very sweet girl and she just loves everyone. She also adores animals.
Oh that's funny!!!! The nice thing about the most sensitive among us is that those people end up getting the upper hand everytime. Good for the boy for being able to out-do them without having to stoop to their level in order to do it. "Stupider?" Yeah right!! hahaha That's such a good one. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I loved reading it. Aren't those intercoms great? hahaha So did any of the bullies ask him what s-h-i-t-h-e-a-d spelled? ROFLOL That would have been funny!
@judyt00 (3504)
Oh, no, being older and the bullying type, they knew every dirty word around AND how to spell it!