Would you rather lie than argue?

By joy
@MGjhaud (18217)
you know that there will be an argument if you tell the truth about something, will you rather lie? or will you rather be true to yourself and say what really is to be..?
@ritchel (890)
I let the right time to happen before i will tell her the truth. Although its a brave thing if i will be true to myself but i just want to let things to be in the right moment before i let this truth to be open. I don't want to be caught in a situation where i will blame myself for telling it in a unapt time. Oh, i worry about time?
@mamasan34 (6522)
It depends on the situation. I choose to pick my battles. Sometimes I will lie just to smooth things over, to say I agree when I really don't. Sometimes I will not do that and I will argue the point because I really believe that I am right about something and to me it is worth arguing the point. But, like I said, it all depends on what the situation is and how much the topic is worth to me.
@brokentia (10397)
Neither. I would not want to lie...but I also would not argue. What is the point of arguing? Nobody will really hear what the other has to say when you are arguing. If I have something to say that will cause an argument...I will either just refuse to talk about it until I know that the timing is right...or I will make my statement and inform the person that I will not argue. When they have thought about it and want to talk, I will wait and talk. Otherwise, I am just going to walk away. Often times with my partner, I will tell him, "I have said what I had to say and that is all I am going to say because there is no point in arguing." Hmmm...that seems to get him thinking. ha ha
@miamilady (4925)
This is a great question. I'm suprised you don't have more responses yet. I'll tell you about my feelings on lying... I used to feel that people should not lie under any circumstances. I figured one of the ten comandments was "thou shalt no lie". It didnt say in parenthesis (but white lies are okay). I used to even think that simpifying an answer in order not to have a legnthy conversation was a form of lying. For example. If you bought a television for $412.00 and told someone that you bought it for $400.00, that was a lie. My husband does stuff like that. In my opinion you should have said I paid about $400.00. That's just an example of how exreme my view was on lying. Well, I've since changed my view on things. I don't go out and make a habit of lying about everything, but I do tend to lie "by omission" now more frequently than I used to. And I have fudged the truth on a number of occassions. I don't judge people who lie as much as I used to. Because of things that I've experienced in my life, I've learned to choose my battles. Sometimes it's just better to let people believe what they want to rather than to "tell the truth" and then have to face a big battle. This isn't to say that I recommend lying on a regular basis. There are consequences for that as well. If you begin to lie and people see you lying, they won't trust you. Not having someones trust is a hard thing to live with and it's a hard way to get through life. I could go on and on with this subject, but I think this is enough for now.