didn't cry

most of you know my daughter went to school today for the first time. it was only for 2 1/2 hours and it's only for 7 days. when i went to pick her up the teacher is telling everyone who cried and who didn't. my daughter didn't, she has no problem being away, she isn't shy so she does really good staying with someone else. anyway i was surprised that all the other kids did. did your kids cry when they started school?
@sunshine4 (8709)
No, I my kids didn't cry when they started school, I was the one who cried when I put them on the bus. You might expect it for the first child, but I cried the first day for all 4 of them!
this is preparing me too for the seperation but i know when fall hits and she starts going all day every day to kindergarden then i know i'll be crying like a baby
@Rickrocks8 (1751)
My boys didnt cray when I took them to pre school. But my oldest ran after me in the snow when I took him to tumble tots. LOL I was shocked he got out the door! But the teacher came after him. I have to admit I didnt leave the parking lot on that first day my eyes were glued on that door! Now he's 10 its fun to think back on those thing....Thanks! Rhonda
@lightningMD (5932)
My kids didnt cry at school either. They both loved school and couldnt wait to start. Congrats to you and your daughter. Now the journey begins.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
My daughter is an only child and she did not cry when she started school. She was with kids her own age and they were doing fun things so she did not have time to miss me. We made up for the time when she got home. You should be proud of your daughter for doing so well. She is very secure in herself that she doesn't need mommy with her every moment. I know as a parent it is hard to think our kids don't need us. I think this is a great sign and she is a well adjusted child and can face anything.
oh i know, i'm not upset that she didns't miss me. i knew she would be fine and wouldn't cry. i'm proud of her that she feels she can handle some things on her own and that she doesn't need me to hold her hand all the time.
@massageeh (966)
• Taiwan
I don't have kids. But, I teach and manage in a kindergarten. Usually, the kids that cry, from my experience are those children who are not used to being with strangers and being in a new environment. It also depends on how the parents teach their children to be independent. I've found in our school, parents that are more protective of their children, their children tend to cry and not want to stay in a new environment and will cling on to them like glue. We alo have children who fitted just well with the new environment and with other children because they are used to it. How you teach your children will determine how they are in front of others.
i'm actually reallys surprised that she feels so comfterble going with out me. i'm a single mother and we are always together. she goes to her dad's but every second weekend. so we are alwys together i've only left her with a baby sitter once in her life and that was recently at age 3. so i'm shocked that she does so well being left.
• Taiwan
I would guess... strong mothers raise strong daughters. It's a good sign that she is fitted to the environment. It'll definately save you a lot of time and energy. Just don't break down when she starts school full time. Thank you.
@Foxxee (3653)
That is a good thing though. You are very lucky. It would be so much hard on you knowing your daughter was crying for you. So take this in a good way. I know some parents when I use to work with kids and when they didn't cry, the parents would feel bad and wonder why their child isn't crying for them. Some would even stand around and just wait to hear that cry and they would feel better just because they still felt that the child needed them in some kind of way. my daughter never cried, she loved being away and doing new stuff and being around other kids. But my son on the other hand, when the day comes and we put him in school or ever have to leave him with someone different then us, he probably will cry. Every time someone comes over he gets all upset and runs to me or daddy. I guess kids are different, some can adjust to changes fast and some can't. :) I'm glad your daughter had fun and didn't cry during this learning process.
I don't have kids, but I can remember my own experience. I didn't cry when I started school, I just went off and joined the rest of them. I knew that we lived 'just up the hill' from the school and that my mother could see the school from our neighbour's window.