Bravo Dr. Phil... Bravo little girl!

@kbkbooks (7030)
I have to say I am impressed with Dr. Phil probably more than ever before. I am watching the program about the little girl who was abused by her grandfather in an unspeakable way. Any kind of child abuse that gets intimate is way more wrong in my opinion than other kinds of abuse. Children are so often silenced by their attackers to keep quiet and they are made to feel fearful about speaking out. I am totally impressed with the way Dr. Phil spoke to this child. He made it more than clear to her that it was not her fault in any way. He even distinguished the difference between the abuse and the sometimes innocent physical play between young children. He didn't say that child play was right or wrong, but he distinguished with her that there was a difference. He totally handled this child's situation in a great way. Fortunately the grandparents are keeping their distance voluntarily even though Dr. Phil is getting help for them.
@coolcatzz (1589)
Yes I think he handled it well. I am never disappointed with the way he handles a guest especially when it's of this nature.
@kbkbooks (7030)
I agree with you. He is a true expert with children, in my opinion.
I also saw the program and it was terrible. What really bother me was the grandparents attituse about the whole terrible act of molestation. I watch the show everyday.
@kbkbooks (7030)
I try to watch every evening but sometimes real life gets in the way. You know, the same way it does when you are desperately trying to have a chat or write a really important article on myLot!
@patgalca (13889)
• Orangeville, Ontario
He sure did make the little girl feel better, let her know that she did the right thing in going to an adult and that she was pretty smart for knowing the difference between right and wrong. I love the way he spoke to that little girl. It sure made her feel a lot better about herself and what happened.
@kbkbooks (7030)
I totally agree. He has a special way with kids for sure. So many children grow up with poor or no self esteem. I think he is a great help to them.
It's horrible when this kind of abuse happens, but I'm happy that doctor Phil handled it in such a great way.
@kbkbooks (7030)
To me, he is one of the wisest advice givers we have today. I also like that he is not totally in it for the money which is clear by the way he gives the people he helps so much more than just doctoring.