Time of day with Chronic Pain

@emeraldisle (13146)
Have you found that there are certian times of the day that are worse for your chronic pain then others? I know some days for me are just bad in general where I hurt all day but other days I find that the mornings are worse for me. When I first get up I hurt the worst. I'm talking in general when I don't try to do things that agravate it. What about you? Is there a time of day that is worse then others for you?
Mornings are what most people with arthritis experience as the worst time. For me it is the opposite. If I have been in one position too long, if I have lifted something in the wrong way, if I have made one too many trips up and down the stairs doing laundry, or if I am having a fibro flare-up, the pain progresses all day long and the evening is the worse by far. At one time I was taking quite a bit of pain medication and really didn't like it (how does one say constipation in a genteel way on the internet?); but have found that the generic form of Aleve works wonders. I take 2 at a time instead of the recommended dosage of one and get great relief. I hope this helps ~Donna
@emeraldisle (13146)
Oh I know how that goes with the pain meds and what it can do. I was taking Aleve for a long at the two at a time for a while and had to go up to 3 and then found out it has iodine in it :( So now I'm on mild pain meds from the doc, just a hair above Tylenol. Was afriad of all the liver damage from taking 4 of those at a time. If I do too much that's it. I'm in pain all day and it slowly gets worse. Problem is sometimes too much is just moving the cat from blocking the monitor.
@MsTickle (24991)
My aches and pains are becoming steadily worse. The times vary. Sometimes it's when i first arise...but I figure I must have slept soundly in one spot for a while...highly preferable to trying to toss and turn. My pains then come and go all day. One minute I have trouble walking, the next I feel almost spritely...by comparison I mean...lol. We're experiencing some really hot weather and it's very debilitating.
@emeraldisle (13146)
We have a cold snap here which is just as bad. I know the heat doesn't always help either. Seems like there is no winning doesn't it? I know how that is with the sleeping soundly. It plays havoc on me when I get a really good sleep. Makes you wonder sometimes if it's worth it.
@pyewacket (44036)
LOL--I think we should join the old fogies club---I'm like that myself, feel it more when I first wake up...and it would be real easy to join got back to bed and tell myself forget about it..but I do get myself out of bed...and it would also be very easy for me to tell myself not to go out that day...but the weird thing is once I get myself going then I'm not as bad--the trick though is to just get moving...from personal experience I feel worse by NOT doing something..tends to weaken the system all the more-I'm thinking of going back to an exercise routine like I used to--mainly Yoga and a few barre exercises--used to study a bit of ballet...and the exercises are good for keeping one's body limber.
@emeraldisle (13146)
I do know what you mean about that. Usually once I get moving a bit it's not as bad but there are some days it doesn't matter. I just hurt from the moment I get up to till I do go to bed but over all mornings are worse for me.
@Island_Geko (3760)
I find evening are the worse. In the evening I am tired and more stressed. I also find it colder in the evenings and since there is no sun I can not keep warm and I ache more.
@gabs8513 (48764)
Hi Emerald and yes I do Mine is in the Afternoon though and that is also when I get tired and I guess it is because as the Day goes on my Body gets tired I am ok first thing in the morning but then as the Day goes on it gets bad
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
When I first wake up and during the day. Sometimes I wake up with muscle pain in the middle of my sleep. I get a lot of right shoulder pain also. I am on Laratab and Darvoset for my nerve pain and muscle pain.
@RebeccaLynn (2256)
Mornings are awful for me. I wake up hurting worse than when I went to sleep. It usually takes a couple of hours to really get moving. Then the sun goes down and the temperatures cool and I'm in pain again. If a storm is coming, I hurt. If it's too humid, I hurt. If it's too cold or the barometric pressure fluctuates...you get the idea. We're managing it as best we can but unless I by some miracle go into remission, my doctor thinks I'll battle it for the rest of my life. Not much fun but I try to stay busy and make sure that I atleast walk 30 minutes a day whether I'm in pain or not. Inactivity tends to make chronic pain worse and I definitely don't need that! Good luck sweetie.
@emeraldisle (13146)
Oh I know about the whole inactivity making it worse. I try to get up and moving, I don't have much choice because sitting too long hurts as well. I do a lot of going back and forth between places. I know what it's like to be in constant pain. That's how I've been for a while. It doesn't make life any easier.
What in the world are we gonna do?! Sitting hurts, standing hurts, sleeping hurts, walking hurts, driving hurts and that's on a good day. If you take pain medicine you can become dependant on it. If you don't take pain medicine you may as well buy yourself some knee pads and learn to crawl again. That way when the knees and back give out you won't have far to fall! Darned if you do and darned if you don't. I hope we have some good days ahead! It's the best we can do!
@emeraldisle (13146)
I know there is no winning no matter what you do. Just not fair. I can't even go on my knees anymore :( My legs end up aching for days (the bones from the knee to the ankle). Ugh I would like some good days. It would be nice.