How long will a felony stay on your record?

Germany
July 23, 2006 2:08pm CST
It has been 13 yrs since this felony has been on my record and I can't get a job any where anyone have some info on where I can work. I have two kids to feed help please.
9 responses
• United States
23 Jul 06
A felony charge is federal not state and yes it is permanent. Do you think this charge is keeping you from getting a job? What kind of jobs are you applying for?
@pree123 (1269)
• India
6 Nov 06
thats great if ur college can also help u
• United States
5 Jan 07
a felony stays on your record forever, sorry..
@QnAQueen (555)
• United States
24 Jul 06
a lot of companies will hire you based on your education or employment history, even if you have a felony on your record, as long as you properly declare it once asked on your application form. it should not be used as a basis for denying you a position, but, of course is still dependent on the employers' decision and/or company policies. are you in the u.s.?
@462663 (13)
• United States
24 Jul 06
u are allowed to have one felony expunged (removed) from your record. call around and try to find a sympathetic lawyer who'll let u make payments. good luck! p.s.- out of curiosity, what did u do?
@pree123 (1269)
• India
6 Nov 06
Post ur resume at monster.com or c times acent there u will get part time jobs
@Dominator (221)
• United States
6 Nov 06
The answer would be LIFE unless you can get the judge who sentanced you ti exsponge it witch hardly EVER happens, but if you have a felony it will more than likely stay on your record for life. i had a felony charge when i was 17 for stealing a car stero system but i went to court after i had turned 18 so it became perm on my record but when i turned 18 i filled to have it removed since the crim accured wheni was under 18 and i won so for me it was a non vilont crime that i did prior to 18 so i was able to get it removed after alot of paper work, but i was one of the lucky ones....so all i can say is file the proper paperwork and try wosre that happens is you get nowhere best thing you get it removed..and a lawyer can help you find the proper paperwor and how.where to file it..
@sedel1027 (17846)
• Cupertino, California
23 Jul 06
I believe it is permenantly on your record. What city and state are you in? There may be specific laws that are for you area.
@rherdey (966)
• United States
23 Jul 06
Hi went and look and found this if this applies to you Felony Diversion Programs: This program can be available for anyone who has been charged with his or her first felony and who has not done a diversionary program before. They cannot have any prior convictions for a misdemeanor or a felony. This program involves doing 225 hours of community service along with other conditions and costs. Successfully completing this program will result in the dismissal of the charges and an expungement of the criminal record. This is general information about Records and is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice as it relates to your particular situation. Consult with our office to discuss how your particular facts relate to the law. This is from north carolina laws good luck
24 Jul 06
In Belize Central America a felony is erased from your record after 6 years if it didn't reached the court to indicted and in 21 years after it occurred.