Our social responsibilities.

@alokn99 (5717)
India
July 7, 2008 7:55am CST
How much of our time and resources are we devoting to do something for our society ? And are doing it because we feel the genuine urge or for any other reasons ? Some do it for the selfish reason of getting publicity, some do it for covering up thier otherwise objectionable activities and some for the reason of competitevness. There are of course those who do it selflessly and I really admire and look up to thses people. I try and help out in some civic related programmes and like to spend time with elderly homeless, but never get satisfied, always knowing there is so much more to be done. Also there are so many things to be done there which would benefit if we put in our little time and resources. Do you do your bit and what sense of accomplishment do you get from it ?
1 person likes this
17 responses
@slcsindia (116)
• Chennai, India
14 Jul 08
Although we are not fully settled in the life, myself and my husband used to discuss on this same point of social responsibility. For so many we could not understand from where to start. So we decided to help the really help-needed people from our closed circle of people. But those people don't want the permanent solution for thier settlement. Only temporary relief with ONLY MONEY. After that we faced the similar experiences and became fools and remained as irresponsible......in their looks (of thier society). But still we want to do a real work which helps for the society to develop atleast to some extent with our effort.
@alokn99 (5717)
• India
14 Jul 08
It's the thought which is so important, especially when you are yet to be fully settled. I'm pretty sure you will find something that will be of interest to you. Thanks for responding
1 person likes this
@taface412 (3175)
• United States
7 Jul 08
Well, my job allows me to do for others as I work with demented people. And I treat them as I would my own family with respect and patience and make sure they are comfortable. I also recylcle, yeah I do make a little extra money that way with aluminum, but I helping to reuse than to waste. I plant flowers and grow veggies which helps out the environment as well as please my senses and tastes. I pray for animals on the roadside. I pray for everyone and anyone who is in trouble....and I am not that religious, but I do think meditative thoughts help sort out things. I wish I could do more and maybe one day I can. I would like to start volunteering on a holiday like T-day or Xmas at a homeless shelter and I hope to start that tradition this year. I think if we all make it a point to help our society in any shape or form (not just money b/c honestly I do not have it to give) we can all stand a little taller and become stronger as a group. The world would be a much beter place for it.
1 person likes this
@alokn99 (5717)
• India
8 Jul 08
Well put, and I'm sure that all the efforts you put in must be and will be rewarding in its own way.
1 person likes this
• India
8 Jul 08
Its a fact that many of us do not think about our society. We are so self centered that we do not think about are social responsibilities. We sometimes have time too but at that times we think of our happiness only. we should think of our social responsibilities at last they are for our self only..
@alokn99 (5717)
• India
14 Jul 08
All of us get very self centred. We need to think and something about our socail responsibilities. Thanks for the response.
• Philippines
7 Jul 08
It's just upon stumbling upon this discussion that I realize that I'm doing something related to social responsibilities. I'm a human resources practitioner and had been handling recruitment since my first job 11 years ago. I think, with this kind of job, I am able to give others, specifically the applicants, a chance to be considered for a job. In a way, this contributes to decreasing the unemployment rate of our country. Even if it's really the company/employer that hires, being part of the screening process is a big responsibility because it means opportunities for those considered and frustration to those who were not. It gives a flicker of hope to those who move to the next step and fulfillment of dreams to those who successfully surpass the rest of the stages and get in.
• Philippines
15 Sep 10
Yes, I experienced a lot of this activity. I devote my time by planting trees, cleaning the coastal areas in our province. And the result of these is I help mother earth and minimize the pollution in the world. I do it without any reason but only to help our environment. I also recycle materials that are recyclable. By devoting my time on this I gain also a lot of friends.
14 Sep 10
Little things can create an impact and influence in the society. A little help is greatly appreciated by our brothers and sisters who are in need. It starts from ourselves, with good intentions the things that we do will have a good karma, it satisfies. With our initiative, other people can also be influenced in helping the poor, making the society clean, reforestation, and promoting health awareness...
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
I have always been adviced by my parents to do something good to do something good to others 'coz something better will come back. I always have this in my mind. Though at times, I am doing it for some selfish reason. But,when i help the elderly, I am doing it whole-heartedly. There's a sense of fulfillment and sometimes a relief whenever I get to help others. Our society is now facing a lot of problems and I know that I cannot be able to help solve all of those. But I do believe that whenever I would be able to build a better person out of myself, then that would be a great start for the betterment of the society. This improvement of one's self can be a chain wherein when all of the memebers of the society would be able to take it into action, the whole society will be benefited.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
I have always been adviced by my parents to do something good to others 'coz something better will come back. I always have this in my mind.Though at times, I am doing it for some selfish reason. But when I help the elderly, I'm doing it whole-heartedly. There's a sense of satisfaction and sometimes a relief whenever I get to help others. Our society is now facing a lot of problems/burdens and I know that I cannot be able to help solve all of those. But I do believe that whenever I would be able to build a better person out of me then, that would be a great start for the betterment of the society. This improvement of one's self can be a chain wherein when all of the components of the society would be able to take it into action, the whole society will be benefited.
11 Sep 10
I am still a student now. But as a human person. I have responsibility to help the weak person. when I pass by the old beggar, I give them some money. They looks like so helpless and lonely. Where are their children? When I go the public market, I saw the childen selling the plastic bag. I just buy from them. Even though I know they are child labor. But I wanna help them. I always do the thing, when I help them. I really feel happy. To serve is happier than to be served.
• Philippines
13 Sep 10
I do it in my simple ways, whenever i do that have a class i make it a point to clean our surroundings, and sometimes i`m joining the BAYANIHAN in our barangay,we clean every corner and we plant flowers. And we follow a certain rule in garbage disposal, it is also important that we don`t just follow rules but for us to have discipline.
13 Sep 10
As a student, when i finish business administration my social responsibility is to help the people how to find a good business, to earn more income. I would like to share some business so that they come up a income.I really happy to help people to find a business. even though they are simple business.
14 Sep 10
Be honest to say. I don't devot too much time and resources for the society. I just do this thwn I saw some organization collecting domation , then i will donate. When the school says that we will donate something , i also participate . I did't donate directly to the organization. Maybe I don't have enough time, Maybe it is just my excuse. Anyway, I should do more things to become more social reponsible.
• Philippines
12 Sep 10
As a student the one that I contribute to CSR is I don't scattered my waste anywhere.In our NSTP we plant some trees and flowers. We pick up scattered plastics and other non biodegradable materials.We pull weeds in the street in others.As early as know we should know what is our CSR.We should be the part of the solution not as the part of problems,,,,..
@medz18 (3)
9 Sep 10
happiness when you done good to your society. When I done something great to my society,I feel happy because its seems I've done my part in this world. I done it to serve people not in the aspect to be knowed by them. I mean not to be knowed by them for what I done but to encourage them to do it to other people.It's seem like do unto others so they do unto you.The people must have discipline in their life. A simple descilpine it's make a better community or society. For example in the other country even in a minute or a second the will do something good in their society nor even a single centavo that they expense will done good things in our society like instead of throwing candy wrapper in the street the will keep it to the pocket, so it won't mess in the community.
• Malaysia
8 Jul 08
Normally I did not involve to the social responsibility. You can say I'm selfish. But I think before you can do so, better think of your responsibility to our family members first, take care ofout parents nicely as well as our siblings. If you can do nicely to your family members, then only think about your social responsibilities.
• Philippines
8 Jul 08
I don't do it. Well, I don't consciously do. Come to think of it, I'm not sure! ;)) I do good acts if needed. I'm actually an altruist. I do acts without expecting anything in return. I volunteer in cooperative activities that helps other people because it makes me happy. I guess that's a selfish reason?
• China
8 Jul 08
I just do my best for what I should do for our society.That'a all.