Why Do I Always Pass Gas?

Farts - Why do i always pass gas?
@slepart (207)
Philippines
August 21, 2008 5:28pm CST
Everyday, I can't imagine myself passing out gas..Is there any food to avoid in order not to fart more often? It's very embarrassing.. Any advices?
1 person likes this
4 responses
• United States
21 Aug 08
I think for me at least, mexican food is bad for giving me gas. But I don't mind haha. It is usually silent, and I can act like nothing happened and pretend it wasn't me. That is what I suggest you do, so you don't have to give up any foods you enjoy!
1 person likes this
• United States
21 Aug 08
but the silent one are the not so good...the saying silent but deadly came from the silent gas that people release. hehe
1 person likes this
@mcspocky (65)
• United States
23 Aug 08
On average, a person produces about 1/2 liter of gas per day, and passes gas about 14 times per day. Source: http://www.heptune.com/farts.html
1 person likes this
@mamacathie (3928)
• United States
22 Aug 08
I read if you eat really fast you are inhaling a lot of extra air and that causes gas. So you need to slow down while you eat and take smaller bites and chew each bite 10-20 times or even 30 to get your saliva mixed very well with the chewed food and it is so much easier for your body to digest. It also helps fill you up faster because it takes long for you to eat and you will know you are full sooner. So give this a try and see if that helps. God bless you!
1 person likes this
@krkchn (160)
• Philippines
22 Aug 08
You pass gas because of the food you eat. If you eat beans and other vegetables it increases the amount of gas, but its the meat that makes it stink.
1 person likes this