Do you recycle gift wrappers / gift bags?

Philippines
October 13, 2008 10:01am CST
Do you recycle gift wrappers or gift bags? Well, I do! I often use gift wrappers or gift bags from different occasions to wrap some gifts I give to other people. When I am given gifts, I carefully open the package I am given and keep the wrapper and keep it accessible at all times. Not all of course. Only those that I can use again. It saves me some money. Sometimes, I also use old / used gift bags for some things I bring to work like books and other stuffs. How about you? Do you do the same?
11 people like this
88 responses
@sanzi1201 (644)
• China
14 Oct 08
I just recycle the bags which is beefy.And wrappers I hasn't recycle.But,I think what you said is reasonbely,I will study sth from you and save money and metirial.
2 people like this
• New Zealand
14 Oct 08
No i do not recycle gift wrappers or anything for that matter because every time we recycle its damaging the ozone layer yes i know that no recycling is damaging the ozone but all the chemicals and and gases you need to use to recycle and convert the item. P.S the genius twelve year old
@JoyfulOne (6232)
• United States
14 Oct 08
I like to save the gift bags and reuse them. So often they are not damaged by the gift inside and are just like new. Seems like such a waste just to pitch them into the trash! They have so many cute ones anymore don't they?! I save the wrapping paper too, if it hasn't been damaged too badly during the unwrapping. If they aren't wrinkled I often use some of them as a background in my scrapbooking (as long as the picture doesn't directly touch it.) For pretty paper off of larger gifts, if there's no writing, and it's a pretty design (or floral etc) I'll use it to re-line the drawers in the bathroom or bedroom. With the Christmas wrappings, sometimes they have a really neat gift tag on the present, too cute to throw away. So then I'd use some of the Christmas paper and make a backing for it and they make a unique cute little ornament to tuck into the tree branches. There's so many things you can use it for along the way.
2 people like this
@aseretdd (13730)
• Philippines
14 Oct 08
I always recycle gift wrappers... i always turn them into small envelopes where i can put the money that i will give my god children or young cousins... that way i don't have to buy anymore... with gift bags... i just reuse them not as gift bags... but as my own bag to put my stuff when i go to work... like my snack or lunch...
@rangics (1334)
• Philippines
14 Oct 08
I do. You know what, I always thought that I was just the only one doing this stuff because some people find it weird. I mean I've encountered some friends of mine who really laughs at me when they see me keep these things for future use. It's just that, I find it 'sayang' to throw them away where in fact I know I can still use those wrappers that is not that torn apart. As you've mentioned, we can really save a lot. hihihihihihi
@JOIEMARVIC (2335)
• Philippines
14 Oct 08
yes i do.if and only if the wrappers and gift bags are still in good condition. sometimes i also add a "personal touch" in this wrappers.A ribbon here,collages there,stuffs like that.It makes the wrapper looks like its the present itself. I also know that the receiver will be very happy if he/she notices that you took the effort to personalize your gift.
@ersmommy1 (12588)
• United States
13 Oct 08
Yes we do. We have a small collection. Especially the bags. They can get expensive. So it is nice to save them. Especially as a gift wrapper, my skills are less than perfect. So the bags are nice in a pinch.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Gift bags are indeed getting more expensive and so recycling can help us save money, time and effort.
@Shellyann36 (11385)
• United States
13 Oct 08
Yes I do use the gift bags over again. I have never had any luck at using the paper, I always seem to tear it. But I will remove the gift tags from the bag and reuse it in a heartbeat! No sense wasting them. This is especially useful at Christmas time!
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
I do the same thing. I never forget to remove the gift tags and prepare another one myself. It's such a waste of money to be buying new ones when there are those that we can actually recycle. Happy posting!
9 Apr 11
yup i usually keep and recycled them, i used them for my books and notebooks sometimes for my projects as well.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
sometimes i make them as origami to display it on my room and sometimes i cut them into pieces and make them as pillows its quite absurd but i does it.
1 person likes this
@Marikaru (47)
• Philippines
11 Apr 11
Yes, I am proud to say that I used recycled gift wraps to save money. I seldom buy new gift wrappers. But sometimes I use gift bags especially if the item has no box. Gift bags have its purpose too you can re-use it by putting some stuff in it. So I guess either of the two, it depends.
1 person likes this
@jannray (20)
• Philippines
11 Apr 11
Yes, I recycle gift wrappers especially if it look nice.I usually open my gift slowly so that the gift wrapper will not be destroyed. I used the gift wrappers in covering my note books. But if the wrapper doesn't look good I just sold it to buyers of scraps. I also used some gift bags. I put there my clothes if I go in some places.
1 person likes this
@megrez (11)
11 Apr 11
I do not recycle gift wrappers in as much as I would want to, once the gift handed to me I immediately open it and gift wrappers always ended up torn or too damaged to use again. Though I used old gift bags also whenever I need to bring something out or for storage purposes but not as a gift bag again.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
sometimes if it can still be used.. I use them as gift wrappers again or as cover to notebooks or books I used in school because it saves money and time going to stores buying the same product... why not recycle for better time management and to lessen expenses..
1 person likes this
11 Apr 11
i also recycle gift wrappers and specially gift bags. i am not fun of keeping gift wrappers and bags as a remembrance and keep it a long time,, if i don't have money to buy a gift wrapper i use the old gift wrappers hehehe.. di naman nila alam na kung san galing..(BAD) :)
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
when we are child my mom always keep the gift wrappers so it can use again. recycled gift wrappers can use in covering the books.
1 person likes this
@jhoverly (21)
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
I used to recycle gift bags and gift wrappers for future use. Gift given to me are sometimes put in gift bags, I recycled it through using it when going to school by putting my uniforms or books especially if my bag if full. For gift wrappers, I am recycling it by using as a design in my scrap book and some projects that needs design. Life today is becoming more difficult so I need to recycle things that can be recycled. And recycling is a form of art.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
Yeah! I also recycle gift wrappers especially Christmas wrappers. Whenever we receive gifts during Christmas we open it carefully and use it again to wrapped our Christmas gifts to our loved ones. We also used it as a cover to books.
1 person likes this
10 Apr 11
i really don't recycle gift wrappers. gifts bag, yes i recycle. i used it for bringing some stuffs to school or anywhere i go. i don't recycle gift wrappers because every time i open a gift i just tear it anywhere. maybe because i am excited to see whats inside.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
I do not keep gift wrappers.Because i usually tear or destroy the wrapper.For me the essence of the gift is when you are excited opening it.The wrapper is just for the presentation of the gift and the main cast is the thing.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
10 Apr 11
I do not keep gift wraps because when i receive a gift i am fun to tear or destroy the wrapper.For me the essence of the gift is when you are excited in opening it.because the wrapper is for the presentation of the gift and the main cast is the gift it self or the thing.
1 person likes this