How do you get out of a bad mood?

@sedel1027 (17846)
Cupertino, California
November 15, 2008 1:17pm CST
I started out in an okay mood this morning but my mood is just going down hill. I got up around 10:30 and it is just after 1pm now and I feel horrible. I am sick and depressed and blah. I was okay until I got a letter from my husband in the mail. It was just depressing! Ugh. I got to talk to him Tuesday night and I wasn't expecting a depressing letter at all! I am so glad he called otherwise I would be really freaked out right now.
3 people like this
26 responses
@pooh08 (671)
• Vietnam
16 Nov 08
Maybe you should go to somewhere to get out of a bad mood. I often go to shopping but I don't buy anything. Or if you don't want to go somewhere, you should listen to the kind of music you like best. Or you can share your mood with closest friends who don't tell anybody about your secret.
1 person likes this
@suzzy3 (8342)
15 Nov 08
It sounds like you are getting far to much sleep i feel like that if I sleep to long as well.Do you get out mayne you have a park to go walking or jogging in , you need to get oxygen pumping around your body and get in trim, just imagine how your man will feel when he comes home to you looking sexy and in trim, where is he by the way .You are missing your life you must do something maybe there is a charity you can help or maybe get your self a job in a shop or something to pass the time and get you out of the house please do these things or your man will get a shock when he returns or a nice surprise!
@sedel1027 (17846)
• Cupertino, California
15 Nov 08
Oh I slept in b/c I am not feeling good and my son is sick. I have been hitting the gym a few times a week. My mom is already on my butt for loosing to much weight; I just get more sleep which is helping me loose weight. I have dropped about 10lbs since Oct 28th.
1 person likes this
@suzzy3 (8342)
15 Nov 08
I got the wrong end of the stick sorry about that it is awful when they are sick , my grand daughter has had a chest infection and i looked after her while she went to work and it is really tiring, you mans away ,your kid is sick I am not surprised you feel down, that is a lot of weight to lose in such a short space of time take it easy or he will come back to a skelitone.Take care suzzy3.
@ronaldinu (12422)
• Malta
17 Dec 08
I jut listen to a music that I like or I go for a walk in the countryside or I read a book. These are my medicine when I am feeling blue.
• United States
17 Nov 08
sometimes i just have to wait it out because nothing will snap me out of it/one.. other times i try to watch something funny on tv or hang out with friends or play with my pets and it works.. music can help too.. if none of them work im gonna be a grouch for awhile lol
• United States
17 Nov 08
I get out of a bad mood by going shopping. Shopping is my therapy. I know it requires alot of money to shop daily :) but I manage. It is not always an expensive trip because sometimes I will go buy a picture for my wall or even some new towels. I enjoy the time that I spend browsing or window shopping. It helps relieve alot of stress!
@alyssa_c (440)
• Philippines
16 Nov 08
Whenever I have a bad mood, I try to talk it out ith friends, or maybe eat some chocolate (a perfect excuse!), or try to understand why I'm in that kind of mood and solve whatever issues I have to lighten my the load I'm carrying. It's not easy though, especially recently when my problems are getting more and more complicated now that I'm older. I guess it really just depends on the cause of the problem. I hope you get in a better mood now.
• United States
16 Nov 08
I have a lot of things that put me out of bad moods. I listen to music (certain songs that you like can help you deal with whatevers got you mad.) I take a nap and wake up in a better mood. I eat, not binge eating, but you always feel better with a full stomach.
• Philippines
16 Nov 08
Whenever I I get in a bad mood, all I do is play the music on and sing along with it.. Of it doesnt work, I just go to the mall and do window shopping especially if I dont have the budget to buy stuffs.
@hiddenwing (3719)
• China
16 Nov 08
I will eat some delicious food. Then, everything will be fine. Besides, my comfort food are mcdonald's
@sweetyethot (1737)
• China
16 Nov 08
when i am down, i usually stop working,i 'll find someone to talk, or watch comedy.i think i can control my mood most of the time.
@Zezlol (409)
• United Arab Emirates
16 Nov 08
Everyone has their bad days, it can't be helped. Although in your case there was a reason for your depression (I hope everything is fine). =( Normally, I lay on my bed and listen to music until I feel better. I don't know why but it just relaxes me more than anything else. Sometimes watching a movie or an episode of a comedy series helps as I can focus myself on the plot rather than dwell on what's irritating me. If it's a comedy, the humor is always welcome. =P Anyways, I've seem to go off explaining my method of relaxation more than I intended to. =P I'll stop myself before I write another paragraph on the pros and cons of music or something. xD In short, music has been my depression savior. No matter how annoyed or frustrated I may get, listening to some songs while laying on my bed has always been (and has maintained to be) the perfect way to soothe myself.
• China
16 Nov 08
i will eating or running to get out of a bad mood.we can't control other people,but we can do some thing we like.good luck
@sktekweb (277)
• India
16 Nov 08
Mood changes.You are happy now.Next moment you are depressed.It'll come back again.If the mood is very depressed,take B1 and add lemon in your diet.
• India
16 Nov 08
if i feel depressed then i either i will take it all out on Computer games or go to gym
• India
16 Nov 08
I have to stay lonely and after some time i join with my friends and shere them words, goto a movies and chat in net more impotant when i site in lonely i make in yoga most important i want leave the problem which one to made my mood one the funny on that time i make a calls to my all friends a specialy gals on that they another friend history and funny her class room jokes
@carmelanirel (20942)
• United States
16 Nov 08
I would like to know too, because I am feeling very down and will probably go further down before getting out of it..
@sumiirajj (1983)
• India
16 Nov 08
Hi friend,Each and everyone get into depression sometime or other,to get out of it we try to divert our mind by listening to music or watching T.V. Sometimes we would feel light if we go out shopping at the timesof depression.Shopping helps a lot .We select things for us and get excited and by that way we come out of depression.I have tried this many times.Try to go out shopping,you would feel the difference certainly.thanks for sharing.happy mylotting.
@zhangfzoe (432)
• China
16 Nov 08
When my mood is getting worse, I will try best to control my temper and forget it at first. Find somthing interesting to do. Walk outside alone and release the pressure. Speak out or write out what caused me feel bad.
@jlamela (4898)
• Philippines
16 Nov 08
Everybody has tantrums and swinging moods because of hormonal imbalances. Me, too sometimes has this unfathomable bad mood. If anxieties and worries hit me like thunderbolt, I easily irritated and sometimes affected people around me. What I usually do to get out of these bad moods:I drink plenty of water to flush our negative emotions and recondition my mind and body, I eat a lot to divert bad feelings and do some brisk walks around the corner. I listen to good music to soothe my troubled mind and go out from my place for some environment change. My best recourse for bad moods is prayer, believe me, when I am in my lowest point in life and feels like all people are against me, I usually rush to the church and pray, 30 minutes later, everything as if somebody touched my heart that I felt relieved. Strolling to the mall is another thing to combat loneliness and bad mood.
• Romania
16 Nov 08
I usually watch a movie or go for a walk with my ipod booming in my ears. If that doesn't help, there's always McDonald's :))
@killove (86)
• United States
16 Nov 08
Think about something that made you laugh so hard that at the time you couldn't stop laughing.