How to make a boot disk?

Bangladesh
November 30, 2008 1:30am CST
I use ubutu. But my ubutu cd can't boot. Can anyone help me to make a boot disk.
3 responses
@josephcs (125)
• India
30 Nov 08
Make sure you download the ISO from their own site and then burn it to a CD without extracting to a local drive and then burning using the extracted contents. Nero will accept ISO files. You can also use UltraISO for this.. Cheers..
• Bangladesh
30 Nov 08
thaks for your response. I meet you later after doing this what you said.be well
@josephcs (125)
• India
30 Nov 08
Sure :) Happy MyLotting..
• India
30 Nov 08
ubuntu cd are bootable..probably your pc boot configuration might be having trouble..when u start ur pc..press f2 or f8 this will take you to boot configuration..ther set your cd.dvd rom as primary booting device insted of hard-disk...save settings and restart your pc..now see ur ubuntu will be booting...please rate my response if u like it
@tintusam (1168)
• India
30 Nov 08
Load up Linux and make sure you are logged in as root or have enough privileges to run system commands.Check which Kernel you are running by typing exactly this at the command prompt: ls /lib/modules. This should give you a directory item with the exact kernel such as: 2.4.2-2.Now insert your floppy diskette into the A: or floppy drive. In Linux the a: drive is also known as fd0 (that's with zero not an 'o') At the prompt please type: mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 x.x.x-x .You should have an emergency boot disk within about 1 minute. All previous data on the floppy will obviously be erased.