Virus warning!! 000webhost.com has viruses.

Israel
February 7, 2009 9:11am CST
I signed up for free hosting on 000webhost.com and got both viruses and a trojan. They are aware of the virus problem, but refuse to clean the site. Their reason for not cleaning the site is because it's free hosting. Any site can have a virus, but for the owners to refuse to clean it is just wrong. They don't care about their customers. I want everyone to be aware of this site and stay away.
2 people like this
11 responses
@logaritse (388)
• Indonesia
7 Feb 09
Yeah, when i signup with 000webhost.com after registration i must download some program to verify ip address, something like that but my antivirus program detect it like trojan. Until now i didn't continue sign up with 000webhost and looking another free webhosting. I don't know exactly, its virus / trojan or not. But i suggest you to use another computer to use it / register with 000webhost.com
1 person likes this
• Israel
7 Feb 09
It's a trojen. Their error pages also have viruses. Keep far away from them. They know about the problems and won't clean their site.
1 person likes this
• United States
7 Feb 09
Thank You CatLady for the information. I cannot believe that they won't clean this up. It almost sounds illegal that they won't. I believe you can report this to your virus control people, whoever you're using. I would think there would be someone else you could report it to also. Unbelievable to me, I'm actually in shock. Can you imagine how many computers they are infecting right now?
• United States
18 Feb 09
Thanks CatLady for BR!!
• Israel
7 Feb 09
I manage my own virus control. My antivirus catches everything. I'm protected, but what about the rest of the people out there? I'm not going to use a host that won't clean up their site.
1 person likes this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
8 Feb 09
thanks for the in fo glad I dont have them!
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
9 Feb 09
thats good and I really cant oput the name her e but if you go see daddy you will find a good place to be
• Israel
8 Feb 09
You are lucky. I won't use them now I know they have viruses. I'll find another solution for hosting.
@Aurone (4755)
• United States
10 Feb 09
Thanks for letting us all know.
• Israel
10 Feb 09
Your welcome. I wish I could tell the whole world.
@cynthiann (18602)
• Jamaica
9 Feb 09
This is dreadful of them. I would be so angry. Many thanks for posting this and so by alerting everyone. I so agree with you that everyone should just stay away. Good post. Blessings
• Israel
9 Feb 09
I was angry. That's why I'm telling everyone about them. Any site can get a virus, but to not clean it shows total disregard for their clientèle.
• India
8 Feb 09
yes, i was recently joined and i didn't know it how this will affect my system but now my system is completely crashed and i am unable to reinstall the software as well.But, do you think that might the cause of this.
• Israel
8 Feb 09
It very well could be. I don't know. I do know though that that horrid company doesnt care if their customers get viruses.
@BarBaraPrz (45480)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
7 Feb 09
Almost sounds like they put them there... Thanks for the warning.
• Israel
7 Feb 09
I didn't even think of that, but now that you mention it it does seem so. Especially the trojan that I got when I was setting up the hosting.
1 person likes this
@echomonster (2226)
• Greenwood, Mississippi
7 Feb 09
Thanks for the warning. Honestly, I've heard quite a few bad things about this host in the past. This just gives me another reason to avoid it. I definitely can't stand a site that willingly hosts or propagates malware!
• Israel
7 Feb 09
I can't stand it either. That's why I'm telling everyone how bad they are.
@zweeb82 (5653)
• Malaysia
10 Feb 09
Noted with thanks. Are they in league with the antivirus companies? Accomplice? Haha
@hotsummer (13835)
• Philippines
8 Feb 09
oh my. i have signed up here before that may be the reason i had problems with my computer before. anyways, now i have new computer i will not going to visit or log in to it any more. cause i don't want to use it anyways that free webhosting i have no idea how to use a fre webhosting anyways, and i don't have any need of it. i will be sure not to visit this site again for sure.
• Israel
8 Feb 09
There are tons of free hosting such as Yahoos Geo Cities that are clean and easy to use.
@user_786 (1338)
7 Feb 09
It is strange why they are not removing any viruses from thier site. Thanks for letting people know though!
• Israel
7 Feb 09
The viruses come from paying customers. Apparently they are more important that the rest of us, paying or nonpaying.