are cats smarter than dogs?

@jhl930 (3601)
United States
February 27, 2009 4:25pm CST
i generally think that dogs are easier to learn things but i have a cat and a dog that are inside the house and they both are potty trained and my dog came already potty trained, and the cat didn't take anytime to learn it, but i was thinking today that a lot of times dogs take awhile to get potty trained, and cats just usually pick it up, and dogs take longer to learn where their food and water is and cats it just seems like know where its at all the time, and i was just wondering what your opinion was, are cats smarter than dogs to you, or do you think that their both equally as smart? i would like to thank you in advance for taking the time out of your day to come by and read my discussion and try and help me with my discussion, thanks and have a safe and happy weekend, happy mylotting!
2 people like this
5 responses
@intari (190)
• Indonesia
3 Mar 09
cats smart too. but i think dogs smarter than cats. dog's respond prefer than cats.
@marepo (113)
• Italy
28 Feb 09
Me really I think that every animal has one character of his I believe that a dog ,if he wakes up in a place that doesn't konw ,the first thing that he or she wonders is:With who am I?Where is my master found? Instead the cat thinks :Where am I? Only then he wonders :Who is with me? Then I believe there is a difference among them,but it is a difference of primary interests. Also to you :Have a good weekend!
@ElicBxn (63235)
• United States
27 Feb 09
Cats are smarter than dogs, sure, a dog will fetch stuff for ya, but really, it just shows how dumb he is that he'll do it, a cat, on the other hand, has US trained to fetch!
@mermaidivy (15395)
• United States
27 Feb 09
I have both too. I think cats have a lot of different personalities and attitutes. Dogs tend to be more obendience.
@Lore2009 (7378)
• United States
27 Feb 09
Maybe they are... I'm more of dog person, but if I think about it, cats probably have more brains then the dogs... but dogs have more of the silly heart then the cats.